Author Topic: Pizza Photography Tips using Iphone  (Read 5136 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Pizza Photography Tips using Iphone
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »
With apps, it is easier for me to download and test... Hipstamatic will not help me at this time.

I am trying to use what I have instead of bying another gadget. 

I will try Bill apps.

I will be looking into Iphone 5 too later, after all the hoopla is over.

Get as much light on the subject as you can. Set up a spotlight shining down on where you take your pictures. You can get an inexpensive portable one with a clamp on it at Home Deopt for a couple bucks.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 01:47:42 PM »
Get as much light on the subject as you can. Set up a spotlight shining down on where you take your pictures. You can get an inexpensive portable one with a clamp on it at Home Deopt for a couple bucks.

I should have enough junck around the garage to build a spot light.

I downloaded snapseed... will check it out..
Bert,

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 03:17:25 PM »
I'm not "that guy" - the kind that camps outside the Apple store in my hoodie, skinny jeans and ironic attitude.

I wanna take that ax from Craig and run off every one of those guys I see in those tight jeans.

You're a guy, buy man pants.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline SquirrelFlight

• Who needs nuts?
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »
I wanna take that ax from Craig and run off every one of those guys I see in those tight jeans.

You're a guy, buy man pants.

Or wear a kilt!

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 12:58:34 PM »
Or wear a kilt!

I can get down with that, or you can do what I've done all week and throw on the Liberty lowback overalls and watch how everyone in the city gives you weird looks.

But Bert, I have trouble with my camera too on the iPhone. That CameraAwesome helped me get a little better pictures than what I was getting, but it still isn't great. When you put a lot of work into a meal you want to be able to get a good shot of it so I feel you on this. The new iPhone 5 was announced yesterday so that may be the best option for me and you since the camera seems to be really good and wouldn't have to invest in a new phone AND a camera. Although a SLR would probably be very beneficial to you in what you are trying to do with the MPO.

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »
But Bert, I have trouble with my camera too on the iPhone. That CameraAwesome helped me get a little better pictures than what I was getting, but it still isn't great. When you put a lot of work into a meal you want to be able to get a good shot of it so I feel you on this. The new iPhone 5 was announced yesterday so that may be the best option for me and you since the camera seems to be really good and wouldn't have to invest in a new phone AND a camera. Although a SLR would probably be very beneficial to you in what you are trying to do with the MPO.

Cory, nice thing about the Iphone, it is always with me, I can pratice and learn new app any time anywhere. It is more convinient for me. I just don't have time to learn new camera. But I may have too if I can't acomplish what I need with the Iphone.

I will play with the lighting while taking pictures, it sound like that would make a big difference.
Bert,

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
I read on the iPhone5 today and for $199 you get the same camera as the $399 one. Sounds like a good deal and the camera seems to be a lot better than the iPhone4.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 10:57:13 PM »
my sister says that i-phony is for girls.....think I heard that other places too. dunno, my girlfriend has one an I can't get with it after working with android past 2 years. but you know what they say.....the grass is always greener....
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 01:05:18 AM »
I'ma come out and say it..... I'm an Apple fanboy. All my friends say that I am the only republican they know that loves Apple products that much. I don't go waiting at midnight for the stuff, but I usually get it pretty quick when I have a good job. I have always had great luck with their stuff. Had my iMac three years and it's never crashed or froze on me. Pretty phenomenal, and I wish the iPhone was that good. Not saying the iPhone isn't reliable, but it's no where near as good as their desktop setups.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 01:08:01 AM »
I'ma come out and say it..... I'm an Apple fanboy. All my friends say that I am the only republican they know that loves Apple products that much. I don't go waiting at midnight for the stuff, but I usually get it pretty quick when I have a good job. I have always had great luck with their stuff. Had my iMac three years and it's never crashed or froze on me. Pretty phenomenal, and I wish the iPhone was that good. Not saying the iPhone isn't reliable, but it's no where near as good as their desktop setups.
that's nice.....gotta like what you like,right?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 01:10:43 AM »
Dont Have apple computers But I love the I phone LOVE notnecc for the camera But as mentioned allways with me  So every pic this year in My FWF thread has been with the good ole I phone 4s
cheese !
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 01:19:07 AM »
an i-phone user should at least one time see what it is like to "swipe" on an android key board...very convenient.

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 10:53:55 AM »
I never owned an Imac, mainly due to software cost. But I am 100% Iphone and Ipad fan, these devices so simple to use, even to my 3 &4 year olds kids. They fight over the Ipad all the time. Typing is not as easy as on an android key board, but you can connect any blue tooth keyboard with the I phone or IPAD, I wish you can connect a mouse too which is possible  if you jailbrake your Iphone, but you forfit any warranty.

I am not sure If I will get an Iphone 5 yet,
Bert,

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 11:07:25 AM »
an i-phone user should at least one time see what it is like to "swipe" on an android key board...very convenient.

+1, swipe type is very nice.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
You can get these small attachable lenses for phones. http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/

This is a photo taken with the macro lense on a iphone4s http://instagram.com/p/PicfIBJeMC
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:06:56 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
nifty!
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »
You can get these small attachable lenses for phones. http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/

This is a photo taken with the macro lense on a iphone4s http://instagram.com/p/PicfIBJeMC
That looks awesome David. Have you ever used one?

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 04:54:02 PM »
That looks awesome David. Have you ever used one?
I wish, I'm still using a crappy 3G Iphone. But if you go onto flickr they have a bunch of pictures taken with the lenses.

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »

yesterday I ordered something similar off ebay.. not as expensive... I should have them next week.
Bert,

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
I like the way the photojojo ones attach. An small adhesive metal ring goes on to the phone and the lenses are held on magnetically.

pizzapan