Author Topic: Petition for San Francisco Baking Institute  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Canyon

Petition for San Francisco Baking Institute
« on: December 28, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
Please sign the petition at the link below to help save the SFBI. It takes less than 1 minute to show your support.

http://www.change.org/petitions/california-bureau-for-private-postsecondary-education-allow-san-francisco-baking-institute-to-remain-open

To:
The CA State House
California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
Phil Ting, Democratic Caucus Chair
Senator Leland Yee, CA State Senate
Allow San Francisco Baking Institute to remain open!

Since 1996, SFBI has been offering top notch continuing education to domestic and international bakers, and has trained thousands of individuals during that time. It is a small, family owned and operated school whose aim is to promote and elevate the traditions of artisan baking, as well as inspire innovation within the industry.
SFBI has been diligently working to maintain its status as a post-secondary educational institution in the state of California, only to be met with the court order to cease and desist operations. Please do not force San Francisco Baking Institute to close its doors due to bureaucratic red tape. SFBI has submitted its license renewal application in its entirety, including all the fees required. Allow the school to continue its mission of education while the state reviews and approves SFBI’s documents.
Sincerely,
[Your name]

enter8

Re: Petition for San Francisco Baking Institute
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 07:00:49 PM »
Good news: The BPPE has decided to allow SFBI to stay open while their application is processed.

(From the SFBI website )

Dear SFBI family!

Thank you so much for your overwhelming support! Due to the pressure of everyone the Bureau has agreed to let us reopen today!

Thank you to Leeza, an analyst at the BPPE, who has agreed to work with us and let us continue to operate while the application finishes processing. This does and will mean a few changes around SFBI but we will continue to bring the baking world and our students the best training possible.

Although I would love to thank each person individually and let them know the great news, I would like to express in this letter how very grateful I am for each one of you who have expressed support, written letters, signed our petition, spoken to media and government on our behalf, and encouraged us through your calls and emails. All of your voices made me realize the importance of SFBI in many levels on everyone's life, personal or business and I could not let it go. It amazed me the group of people from all over the world who reached out for support because we all have the same goal, "Baking good products".
We thank you and 2013 is going to be a good year with lots of new support from SFBI. This little bump made me realize the importance for SFBI to keep supporting innovation and education and realized from all your emails you are counting on SFBI Team and really appreciate what we do.

SFBI team and Thorough Bread and Pastry are joining me to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your action and wish you a happy new year.

Best Regards,

Michel Suas
Owner and Founder

Mal

Re: Petition for San Francisco Baking Institute
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »