Author Topic: What do you guys think of this Neo pie?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Chaze215

What do you guys think of this Neo pie?
« on: September 12, 2012, 06:52:05 PM »
My gf and I went to a newly renovated place that now has "wood fired oven pizzas". So...I had a burger...lol My gf got a pizza so I could taste it and take pics for you guys here! Isnt she the best??  ;D I took some pics with my cellphone during dinner and the pics werent very good. So when I got home with the leftovers, I took some pics of it in the box with a real camera. So.....here you go. What are your thoughts?
Chaz

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: What do you guys think of this Neo pie?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 07:24:51 PM »
It doesn't look Neo. Did they serve it to you with that big hole in it?

Was the crust dry?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »
Good? Maybe.  Neo ? Not in my experience.

Craig I don't think it is a hole.  I think that is where the egg and bacon pulled back from the skin.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »
Good? Maybe.  Neo ? Not in my experience.

Craig I don't think it is a hole.  I think that is where the egg and bacon pulled back from the skin.

Yeah it certainly didnt look like the Neo pies I see on here. The pie was actually goat cheese and prosciutto...but I can see where you thought it looked like bacon and eggs!
Chaz

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 02:40:07 AM »
Wood fired doesn't necessarily mean Neapolitan, did they claim to be neapolitan?

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »
Wood fired doesn't necessarily mean Neapolitan, did they claim to be neapolitan?

Yes...in their description of the pies, they say that they start with "neopolitan dough" that is "made on-site, hand tossed to order and cooked in our authentic wood-fired brick oven". So, we went back there tonight for happy hour and ordered another...lol  So on the way out, my gf went to the bathroom and I made my way over to where they were making the pizzas. I asked the guy what type of flour they used for the pies. His reply was "just normal bread flour". I guess that explains why it doesnt look like the Neo pies on here!...lol Here it is:

San Marzano tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano parmesan, olive oil, red pepper flakes, sea salt

Chaz

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »
Good thing it's hand tossed lol