Author Topic: need help on sauce in China  (Read 1790 times)

Offline thompsonly

• I Love Pizza!
need help on sauce in China
« on: November 09, 2005, 03:05:47 AM »
i'm residing in south china. i'm also a newbie. i have been doing a tom lehman new york style here with PETEZZA'S help. i'm need to work on the sauce.  i know stanilaus and escalon are great, but i don't have them here. i can get "sofia" and "russo" canned tomatoe here. Italian brand. should i get pizza sauce or canned tomatoe and make my own sauce from the usa? does stanilaus or escalon makes such difference?if yes, what should i get? i have several friend coming over shortly. they can bring it to me. or should i just work with what i have locally in the long run. i do have people coming pretty often. and i also go back to the states pretty often too.

i'm trying to replicate Papa johns's Sauce. Locals loves it here. but this is not necessary.

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
Re: need help on sauce in China
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 09:05:28 AM »
I think you can work with what you have, BUT----if you have people coming to visit, why not get the better brand? ;D

Offline thompsonly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 09:19:34 AM »
what exactly should i get? be specific

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 10:16:12 AM »
 ::)

If your new at making pizza just use canned prepared pizza sauce. After getting good pies from your efforts then 'upgrade' to homemade pizza sauce. :)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline thompsonly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 10:29:46 AM »
i believed i already got the crust down, next is the sauce. if u sugguest me getting  prepared pizza sauce, what should i get exactly? thanks ,

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 06:43:28 AM »
Well I don't know what you can get over there (please tell), But I like a brand named Contadina and another named Boboli. :)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 07:27:46 AM »
I have been using San Benito extra heavy puree lately. It is so damn good, that I use a minimum of spices. Sausage and roni adds to the sauce and gives it a good taste. Expirementing is not only necessary, but TASTY!! ;D

pizzapan