Author Topic: Politics  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Politics
« on: September 18, 2012, 07:40:14 AM »
There's an old adage that says the quickest way to lose friends is to discuss politics and religion.

This forum is dedicated to the passion of pizza. Not politics. Not religion.

If I see any post that crosses the line into political debate or religion, that post will be deleted. And I ask members of the forum to click the "Report to Moderator" link if they see any topics of that sort.

Lately, the forum has taken a nose dive and people are leaving. They're leaving because this place is becoming unfriendly. They're leaving because there is a condescending tone descending on this place. Cliques are forming and newbies are shunned. I can assure you, that's not what I want this place to be.

If things continue in this direction, I'm going to be forced to use my iron fist and clean this place up. People will be banned. Order will be restored.

So, please, stop with the politics. Welcome the new members. And think before you post.

And I encourage the use of the Report to Moderator link next to each post if you see something that offends you or doesn't belong on a pizza forum.

Thank you.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: Politics
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »
There's an old adage that says the quickest way to lose friends is to discuss politics and religion.

I disagree.  I make lots of friends talking religion and politics.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »
I don't!  :-D  

I see no problem in talking about these topics - just DEFINITELY not here.  I wouldn't want to detract from the content here by inciting / encouraging arguments about things completely not pizza-related.  

Maybe there is another forum, somewhere else that would be a good place for those discussions?   Post a link in this thread if so (and if the mods approve).  Kind of a sandbox where the kids can get messy.  :)

Maybe even another board, called "The Sandbox", here... you would have to sign up for it, it would not even show up in the guests' view.  I've seen it done on another forum, where the adult-oriented content was getting out of hand.  Same SMF forum structure as this forum.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:32:08 AM by pizzaneer »
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 11:18:48 AM »
My apologies.

parallei

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:36:33 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:01:29 PM by parallei »

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
This has happened on every forum that I have been a part of. I enjoy a spirited political debate as much as anyone, but I have seen from experience that these discussions eventually consume the forum and change the tone to an unpleasant one. They distract from the real reason why we're here...  :pizza:
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »
This has happened on every forum that I have been a part of. I enjoy a spirited political debate as much as anyone, but I have seen from experience that these discussions eventually consume the forum and change the tone to an unpleasant one. They distract from the real reason why we're here...  :pizza:

Amen, brother!  Let the good times roll!

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
Who goes to a political forum and posts about pizza?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:20:03 PM by Mmmph »
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 03:51:27 PM »
Who goes to a political forum a posts about pizza?

Really, really *ahem* irrelevant people?

Offline PowerWagonPete

• The name says it all.
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 07:14:25 PM »
Sounds good to me, Steve, so let's all hope and pray Bloomberg doesn't decide to ban pizza any time soon.   :-X  ;)  :)  ;D

pizzapan