Author Topic: Chef Boyardee pizza kit  (Read 76799 times)

Offline Jack

• Pizza; it's what's for dinner, breakfast........
Re: Chef Boyardee pizza kit
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 11:39:06 AM »
"I think I should make one just to tease my kids. Accompanied by a salad made from just iceberg lettuce and that orange French dressing. Let them stay up late and watch Bonanza."

And yet, it didn't get any better than that at the time...

Don't forget the canned fruit salad for dessert, so they can fight over the two marachino cherry halves.  <Grin>

jack

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 08:26:02 PM »
Next person to make one... Post pictures please! :pizza:
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 06:22:20 AM »
I got another box! ;D

Will do my best to make look good and post up a few pictures when I make it. :chef:
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Bryan S

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 02:35:38 AM »
I loved the pepperoni kits. Man this thread brings back some really good memories and a simple time in my life. Living at home with Mom & Dad and going to school, looking back on that, i had it made. I thought i had it rough, but man don't we know different now.  :-[
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 05:06:55 AM »
OK! :D

I made another CBA pizza kit. I used only what came in the box. There is yeast mixed in with the flour by the way.

I thought at the last minute to make it deep dish style. LOL :chef:

All in all, I think it turned out very nice. The crust was a little on the bready side, But that is good for a deep dish pizza. And the sauce tastes great! :)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 09:24:24 AM »
Trin,

Would you be kind enough to list the ingredients as they appear on the package for the CB pizza dough mix? I don't recall seeing the kit at the supermarkets where I shop.

You might be interested in knowing that such mixes have been used before by one of our members to make a deep-dish crust. In his case, it was the Jiffy pizza mix: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2256.msg19859.html#msg19859 (Reply 3).

Peter

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 09:39:11 AM »
Here it is...

Had to dig for it... :-X

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 10:12:27 AM »
Trin,

Thanks. I like the CB listing of ingredients better than what I saw on the Jiffy pizza mix. Please don't ask me to reverse-engineer the CB pizza dough mix ;D.

Peter

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 10:23:09 AM »
"Please don't ask me to reverse-engineer the CB pizza dough mix"

:-D

The sauce maybe... :)

Offline Zig

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 08:16:31 PM »
Going to show my age here, but this was the only pizza option we had growing up. There was no pizza places in our town of 16000! I figured out how to spread the dough by dipping my finger in the sauce can, wetting my fingers, and off I would go. The sauce kept the dough from sticking to your fingers and you could spread it as thin as you wanted/needed. You can still get them all over.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2007, 05:58:30 AM »
I would really like to see some pic's of this done by some of the "top guns" around this fourm. I don't have a stone and I am not a "crust master" like some of you. :pizza:

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2007, 09:19:32 AM »
Trin,

I'm not sure I understand. Are you referring to using fingers in the sauce to spread the dough? Also, isn't the CB dough too wet to use on a pizza stone? I haven't tried the CB dough so I don't have any experience with it.

Peter

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2007, 10:18:27 AM »

What I was thinking was to use just as much water needed to get a dough ball just right for stone baking. If I wanted to make a mess, I would forgo useing oily pan and hands to spread the dough, and use a large dusty bench to spread the crust. And my goal would be to get a crust with the voids and bubbles like we all love. :pizza:

But since I don't have a stone or peel I can't do it at home.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:47:25 AM by Trinity »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2007, 03:12:46 PM »
Trin,

Now I see what you mean.

Your suggestion is timely because I have a Jiffy dough in the refrigerator which I plan to prepare and bake today on my stone, if possible. If all goes well, I plan to report on my results at another thread devoted to the Jiffy mix experiments.

While I was in the supermarket today, I saw a CB "cheese" pizza kit. There was enough in the way of ingredients to make dough, sauce (a plain sauce) and Parmesan/Romano cheese mix for two 12" pizzas. Obviously, one would have to add cheese (e.g., mozzarella) and toppings. The CB dough uses a bit more water than the Jiffy dough, but otherwise the ingredients and preparation method appear to be very similar to the Jiffy dough mix. The price for the CB kit was $3.49. The basic Jiffy dough mix, without sauce, etc., was $0.39.

Peter

Offline Zig

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 09:07:06 PM »
Trin,

I'm not sure I understand. Are you referring to using fingers in the sauce to spread the dough? Also, isn't the CB dough too wet to use on a pizza stone? I haven't tried the CB dough so I don't have any experience with it.

Peter
Exactly, just wet the tips of your fingers with the sauces and start spreading/stretching until you hit the edge of your pan. Dump the rest of your sauce on top and spread it out. :pizza:

Offline wolfsblood07

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »
OK! :D

I made another CBA pizza kit. I used only what came in the box. There is yeast mixed in with the flour by the way.

I thought at the last minute to make it deep dish style. LOL :chef:

All in all, I think it turned out very nice. The crust was a little on the bready side, But that is good for a deep dish pizza. And the sauce tastes great! :)

Awesome pics!  I could eat that whole thing myself.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 06:39:58 AM »
Awesome pics!  I could eat that whole thing myself.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 06:56:24 AM »
Here is my latest go at the Chef Boyardee pizza kit. This time I tried to make it NY style. :)

I added a bag of "pizza cheese" (mozzarella, provalone and romano) this time and spread the dough in flour and baked on a ungreased pan. :chef:
 Turned out great! ;D I love the sauce!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:55:36 AM by Trinity »

Offline SUZANNAHA

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 09:36:20 AM »
ACTUALLY, CHEF BOYARDEE SAUCE HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVORITE!  I AM NOW ON A MISSION TO FIND THE SECRET RECIPE.......

M-M-M-M-Mmmmmmm... :o

I AM GOING TO KROGERS RIGHT NOW & BUY A C.B. KIT.  THAT IS DEFINATELY GOING TO BE MY LUNCH TODAY! 

SUZANNAHA :-*     

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 09:45:21 AM »
Be sure to get the pepperoni kit, and take some pictures if you can. :)