Author Topic: Chef Boyardee pizza kit  (Read 78885 times)

Offline wolfsblood07

Re: Chef Boyardee pizza kit
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 02:24:51 PM »
Here is my latest go at the Chef Boyardee pizza kit. This time I tried to make it NY style. :)

I added a bag of "pizza cheese" (mozzarella, provalone and romano) this time and spread the dough in flour and baked on a ungreased pan. :chef:
 Turned out great! ;D I love the sauce!

Good one!  I look at these on my lunch hour and get hungry.   ;D

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 01:58:18 AM »
I really love the sauce. i have a case at home right now. There are only two adjustments I make to this sauce. I thicken it, by way of paste or reducing on the stove top. Also, when the craving strikes, I press fresh garlic into the sauce.
My fav recipe is STILL the english muffin mini-pizzas that used to be on the back of the cans.

Offline SUZANNAHA

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 08:20:07 AM »
I really love the sauce. i have a case at home right now. There are only two adjustments I make to this sauce. I thicken it, by way of paste or reducing on the stove top. Also, when the craving strikes, I press fresh garlic into the sauce.
My fav recipe is STILL the english muffin mini-pizzas that used to be on the back of the cans.

Hello cheesy guy:  What a great idea!  Where can I buy a CASE of CB sauce?????
I buy kit after kit just for the sauce!!!
Do you have a favorite tomato paste? 
Mine is from "AMORE`".  It is distributed in New Jersey from, Liberty Imports, Inc.
It is in a tube, & is double-concentrated, and W-O-W what a flavor!!!
The product is made from San Marzano tomatoes & made in Milan, Italy.  I just buy it at the local supermarket in the Italian Sauce section. 
Thanks for the tasty tip...Suzannaha

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 03:11:00 PM »

Hello cheesy guy:  What a great idea!  Where can I buy a CASE of CB sauce?????
I buy kit after kit just for the sauce!!!
Do you have a favorite tomato paste? 
Mine is from "AMORE`".  It is distributed in New Jersey from, Liberty Imports, Inc.
It is in a tube, & is double-concentrated, and W-O-W what a flavor!!!
The product is made from San Marzano tomatoes & made in Milan, Italy.  I just buy it at the local supermarket in the Italian Sauce section. 
Thanks for the tasty tip...Suzannaha

Check here:
http://www.hometownfavorites.com/shop/candy_cat_js.asp?abc=1&char=C&id=277

As for paste, I prefer Hunt's. When it comes to tomatoes (crushed) ,I got to say "6-in-1". ;D

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2007, 08:55:37 AM »
Lil' off topic. But good!!!

It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2007, 09:44:17 AM »
another ot.

It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline sdieckhaus

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2007, 05:16:37 PM »
Wow, my first post on the site deals with Chef Boyardee pizza sauce, but oh well.  You can buy CBPS on Amazon.com at the price of $33.36 for a case of 12 - 15 oz. cans through Hometown Favorites.

Offline wolfsblood07

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2007, 03:41:10 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken I thought they sold Chef Boyardee pizza sauce in cans individually at most grocery stores.  Is there a difference between that sauce and the sauce that comes as part of the Chef Boyardee pizza kits? 

I've always loved the sauces from those pizza kits.  The pepperoni version tastes a little different from the version that comes in the cheese kits and both rock!  I still remember the sausage version, and it was also a real treat.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2007, 09:40:34 AM »
 My latest chef boyardee pizza kit pizza. :)

I used the pepperoni kit. And added sweet yellow onions, ground beef, sliced provolone cheese. Mixed the parmesan cheese into the sauce to give it extra taste. ;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:42:50 AM by Trinity »

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2007, 09:54:39 AM »
Ghaa....

I'm back with the other two pictures... Had to make them smaller...:/

Tasted great! ;D

Offline jeffreywade66

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2007, 05:25:14 PM »
One thing I did notice right off about the kit...  They put more dough in it and took some of the sauce away!  So, I went to the store and bought all of the old ones they had for a good couple of months.  It kind of ticked me off, but it still tastes great!  A little too much crust though...  This site is GREAT!!!

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2007, 01:28:29 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken I thought they sold Chef Boyardee pizza sauce in cans individually at most grocery stores.  Is there a difference between that sauce and the sauce that comes as part of the Chef Boyardee pizza kits? 

I've always loved the sauces from those pizza kits.  The pepperoni version tastes a little different from the version that comes in the cheese kits and both rock!  I still remember the sausage version, and it was also a real treat.
I have noticed no difference.

Offline jeffreywade66

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2007, 09:05:51 AM »
I haven't seen the individual cans...  well, yes I have.  It was a big 15 ouncer.  It was good too.  And cheap.  I know the sauce is a little different in the pepperoni kit, probably due to the pepperoni.  I absolutely love it...  I DO remember the sausage kit.  It was great too!  The cheese kit is a little bland for me, but I can work with it.  It wouldn't surprise me if the sauce in the cheese kit is the same as the one they sell in the individual can.  I glad you remended me of that.  I need to go buy some.  I can only find it at Super Target here in the Dallas area.  I love this forum page.  Whoever started this site is a genious!!!   

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2007, 05:27:29 AM »
I haven't seen the individual cans...  well, yes I have.  It was a big 15 ouncer.  It was good too.  And cheap.  I know the sauce is a little different in the pepperoni kit, probably due to the pepperoni.  I absolutely love it...  I DO remember the sausage kit.  It was great too!  The cheese kit is a little bland for me, but I can work with it.  It wouldn't surprise me if the sauce in the cheese kit is the same as the one they sell in the individual can.  I glad you remended me of that.  I need to go buy some.  I can only find it at Super Target here in the Dallas area.  I love this forum page.  Whoever started this site is a genious!!!   

A member named timmus started this thread,,, :)

But I took it over... :-D :-D :-D :D

Offline DomeZone

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2007, 10:48:46 PM »
I went to Super Target today and got a can.
Will try it out soon.

Mike

Offline Bryan S

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2007, 11:34:30 PM »
Wow, my first post on the site deals with Chef Boyardee pizza sauce, but oh well.  You can buy CBPS on Amazon.com at the price of $33.36 for a case of 12 - 15 oz. cans through Hometown Favorites.
As littlebuddy posted you can just go to Hometown favorites and buy it there for $1.39 a can.  ;) http://www.hometownfavorites.com/shop/candy_cat.asp?search=CHEF+BOYARDEE+&newp=&p=1&id=277
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:37:14 PM by Bryan S »
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.

Offline celts32

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2007, 03:32:14 PM »
Anyone remember the Chef Boyardee pizza kits?  (NOT the frozen ones, if such a thing exists)

I always remember that there was something distinctively delicious about the sauce... it always had a peppery or smoky bite.  Any idea what that seasoning was?  I'm sure the quality of Chef Boyardee is arguable, but that taste was great and I'd like to incorporate it in some real pizza recipes.

Tim

Chef Boyardee pizza kits got me started on making pizza!

Offline Chucker

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2007, 07:35:04 PM »
TIMMUS:
   Good afternoon. I have a recipe for you that you are seeking. It is not well known, & very hard to find. I have not tried it as of yet but I will soon. People who have tried it have said that is very very close to the Chef Boyardee pizza sauce that they remember.

COMES NOW:

(1) 8, oz can of Hunts tomato sauce.
1/2 tsp of dried oregano
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. Natures Seasons (Can be found in spice section of your super market).

Vary this seasoning to your taste. I hope you will find this recipe close enough to what you remember of Chef Boyardees Pizza sauce as others have. Good luck my friend & have a nice day.
  ~DINKS.

Just thought I share that for fun, I made a pizza with this sauce tonight.   I used a neo-neapolitan style crust and sausage from the recipe in this thread:

www"dot"pizzamaking"dot"com/forum/index.php/topic,717.0.html

Covered in a provolone and mozzarella mix, it was tasty!  The whole pizza was probably slightly salty for most, but perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Offline The Pontificator

• Angry Samoan
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2007, 06:10:26 AM »
Don't forget the canned fruit salad for dessert, so they can fight over the two marachino cherry halves.  <Grin>

jack
While watching "Death Valley Days" sponsored by 20 Mule Team Borax.  :-D
"I hope you choke on a biscotti!"

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2007, 12:32:54 AM »
I saw this kit for the first time in a long time at Target the other day... I'm going to pick one up and make it.  Never had it before
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!