Author Topic: Chef Boyardee pizza kit  (Read 78865 times)

Offline tusti

Re: Chef Boyardee pizza kit
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2010, 09:24:25 AM »
I made a huge mistake!
It's four down from the top of this page.

Offline WIthbull

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
I just stumbled upon this site in my quest to find the CBA sauce recipe.  I know this is an aging thread....however needed to register cuz I just had to comment!

I need to first give a disclaimer..I CAN COOK!  I typically make every thing from scratch.   BUT I LOVE CBA!  I grew up on it.  We had a large family and lived in a rural area which had no pizza shops...plus we could not afford it.  CBA was a treat.  SO much so that it was the #1 request for the birthday meal.

We now live in an area where the pizza is just AWFUL so I make my own...yet still make the CBA when I do not feel like making my own sauce & dough.  We love the CBA (I think I said that already)... anyways, we had a life long friend..and major pizza lover visit with us for 2 weeks a few years ago.  He wanted pizza...for about the 4th time on this visit.  I had been ill and money was really tight...we could not afford to again spend the $$ for a mediocre pizza...so I pulled CBA out of the cabinet, when he saw the box he said no way.  I told him that I would order one while he was out with my husband to run a few errands.  While they were gone I made the pizza to his liking (cheese only)..when they returned home it was coming out of the oven...HE LOVED IT..so much that he introduced it to his family and has made them ever since.

I have yet to replicate the sauce, I typically can decipher most dishes close enough to make them at home..this is one I can not.  Maybe because it is processed??? I dunno...just can't get it right.  I am on a quest to get a recipe that is spot on!

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
Chef Boy-ar-dee pizza kit is available at Walmart's, I see them all the time.
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

Offline harrisa

• Aaron's Pizza Page
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2010, 10:31:06 AM »
One of the best things about my favorite Chef Boyardee pizza (12", pepperoni, double sauce, half pound sausage, no cheese) is that none of my roommates in college would eat the leftovers.  In 5 years of college that was the only thing that was guaranteed to not be touched.

Ahh memories
aa
Bored?

Visit  Aaron's Pizza Page

to see how I went from cooking Chef Boyardee to a WFO in 5 years

Offline sear

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2010, 12:26:26 PM »
is it really that much  easier to mix this stuff then mix your own dough ?

you guys are crazy  :-D

Offline harrisa

• Aaron's Pizza Page
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »
is it really that much  easier to mix this stuff then mix your own dough ?

you guys are crazy  :-D

Now... no it isn't.  At the time I didn't know any better.  I just grew up thinking that was the only reasonable DIY alternative to Pizza Hut/Dominoes. 

aa
Bored?

Visit  Aaron's Pizza Page

to see how I went from cooking Chef Boyardee to a WFO in 5 years

Offline sippyturtle

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »
I made and ate these for a long time.  Every Friday night, Chef Boyardee pizza, and the TV show Dallas.  I would use a mixture of mozz and provolone and just add the parmesan they give you on top.  I never liked the pepperoni one, just the cheese.  Fantastic! (for the time)

Offline jkrmom

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2010, 06:21:21 PM »
I get them all the time at Super Walmart.

pizzapan