Author Topic: Pizzeria Bianco  (Read 3838 times)

Offline BlazingSky

• I Love Pizza!
Pizzeria Bianco
« on: November 09, 2005, 07:01:17 PM »
Pizzeria Bianco is over-rated.

When I called for directions, I got a VERY snobby girl on the phone named Erin.

She was very arrogant, snobby, spoiled-rotten, and in fact reminded me of the Soup Nazi.  By her telephone manners, I think she must be related to him.

Erin was downright RUDE, condescending, and very disrespectful as could be.  I have NEVER in my life been spoken to by someone working at a restaurant as she spoke to me.  Her manners made me wonder if the food was as bad as her public relations skills.   

I'm not from Phoenix, and Erin was very, VERY childish, immature and unhelpful in giving me directions.  I wanted very, very specific directions and what landmarks might be around that I could look for.  She got so rude that she told me to not come to "her" restaurant.  Erin is not the owner, and she isn't even related to the owner!  UNBELIEVABLE!!!

For a well-known, high profile, highly rated restaurant such as Pizzeria Bianco, the first impression Erin gave me by her telephone manners drastically dropped PB's image and service in my mind.

Erin needs to learn to treat customers with more respect and needs to take some classes in public relations.  She should not be answering phones or even working at this restaurant until she learns to talk to people more kindly and with more respect.

I went to the restaurant anyway to try their pizza because of it's highly publicized on TV, and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.  And in person, Erin was just as arrogant and snobby as she was on the phone.  I don't know what her malfunction is, but she definitely needs an attitude adjustment.

Offline sumeri

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzeria Bianco
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 07:38:35 PM »
We drove all the way from Vegas to Phoenix just to try Bianco's.  As I am about to open a wood fired pizzeria in Vegas I wanted to see what it was all about.  We were there on a packed Saturday night with two children under 3.  While I was worried how we may be treated at a such a busy place with two small children, I was very pleasently suprised and do not have a bad word to say about the staff.  Everyone was more than gracious and while his pizza is not exactly what I am trying to accomplish, it is still very, very good.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 07:48:38 PM »
In my experience (2 visits), the food and service was first-rate.

Bill/SFNM

Offline BlazingSky

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 07:57:57 PM »
Well, in my experience, in addition to what I already said, Erin was VERY unprofessional.  If I could have reached my hand through the phone and slapped her, I would have done it!  I don't know what here malfunction is, but she definitely needs an attitude adjustment.  After my conversation with her on the phone, I had visions of going to the restaurant and dumping an entire pitcher of ice cold water on the top of her head in front of everybody.  But I didn't do it because I didn't want to get arrested, if they can arrest you for something like that.  PB is not worth going to.  Everybody who reads the negative reports - believe them.  It's true.  So don't waste your time or your money, unless you like people being rude and disrespectful to you, and paying high prices for the privilege of sitting in their restaurant.

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 08:44:28 PM »
Shame Erin is not here to defend herself,but maybe she was having a bad day?Maybe the customer who called before you was rude to her?Hey maybe you  were,and didn't realise it?I'm sure if she's so unprofessional it will have been noted many times before,and she'll be fired.Anyway,IMO this forum is about the "Pudding" and not a rant about customer service.What are your in depth thoughts on the pizza and why didn't it live up to your expectations?What is your favourite pizza?
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline BlazingSky

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 09:22:33 PM »
No way.....I was very polite to Erin.  I wrote PB and complained her.  I also found on other forums complaints about PB's employees, so I know it's not JUST me.

As for the pizza, it wasn't what I expected.  It wasn't as good as I thought it would be according to all the rant and rave about it being "the best" in America and with it's awards and stuff. 

I read all the stuff on different forums about the pizza and their service, and I should have listened.

In the future when I want pizza, it won't be Pizzeria Bianco I'll be calling.  I will stick with Pizza Hut.  I LOVE their pan pizza!   ;D

Offline Repguy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 09:30:54 PM »
Methinks he doth protest too much.  You wouldn't happen to own a restaurant nearby would you? 

(The crap detector is pegging the meter)

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 11:53:35 PM »
Ain't that the truth!  Sour Grapes.  I was there last spring and man... they were busy.  Everyone was pleasant.  Even Chris Bianco let me hang out at the counter as long as I didn't get in the way.  He chatted with me as he made the pizzas.  A very nice guy.  Twice while we were eating he asked me if everything was okay and if we liked his pizza. 
Wonderful pizza.  Real Pizza.
So dude, maybe you should stick with Pizza Hut and look into some GPS.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 12:30:57 AM »
I have read the negative comments about the staff/service at Bianco's on cityserch etc., so I know you are not alone.  I remember one person being upset about how they were not allowed to order another pie after they had already been served their initial order. There was even someone else using the pizza (soup) Nazi bit.  All the comments sound very similar to the negative stuff I always hear about Pepe's and Sally's in New Haven.  I think that when a pizzeria has a line around the block the place deserves to be a little Pizza Naziish if they have to.   In this age of mapquest and GPS, I can understand where she got annoyed at having to come up with landmarks etc. This sounds like it was more than a simple what is your address type of call.   She probably had a bunch of people breathing down her neck to be seated or needing her attention in some way.  There is no excuse, however, for being rude. I would like to hope that next time she will simply say that she is really busy and does not have the time to talk about this kind of stuff over the phone.

I was annoyed at Pepe's recently when I asked for and was denied a napkin when I picked up my take out pizza.  I still can't figure that one out.

Offline BlazingSky

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 01:46:27 AM »
Well actually Scott R....when I called PB, they weren't even open yet.  So the rude snobby girl named Erin had plenty of time to politely answer my question about what landmarks were next to the restaurant.  I called PB on two separate occasions, on two different days, and Erin still had the same downright rude, disrespectful, arrogant disposition.  So I'm going to assume that she is that way all the time. 

Since people come to PB from all over, the employees need to be willing to give directions, and even landmarks if someone asks for them.  They should accommodate people and try and make it as easy as possible for someone to locate them; not get rude about it. 

Sure, Erin knows where her place of work is, but I don't because I had never been to downtown Phoenix before. 

PB should expect people to ask for specific directions and landmarks, because they are world-renound, and people from all over go to their restaurant.  If someone can't understand this, then the problem isn't with me, it's with the person who is reading this post.

Offline pizzagirl

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 01:29:11 PM »
As many know, I am in the Phoenix area. I'm going to be careful what I say, and stick to fact. The nearest landmark is Chase Stadium home of the Arizona Diamond Backs baseball, it's just to the south. Bianco's is only open 5 days a week Tuesday through Saturday. Now get this, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Let me ask you if anyone wants to be in downtown traffic at 5 p.m. anywhere in America? What would happen if all businesses were open 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. - exactly. Their website states, take out not available, private parties not accepted, limited parking. Now get this - Their website states closed for our annual summer break August 13th to September 4th, will re-open September 5th at 5 P.M. http://www.pizzeriabianco.com  - just the facts ...
Your worst day at Grimaldi's, is better than your best day fishing ...

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 08:33:30 PM »
I cleaned up this topic by removing the personal attacks. Thank you.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
Shame Erin is not here to defend herself,but maybe she was having a bad day?Maybe the customer who called before you was rude to her?Hey maybe you  were,and didn't realise it?I'm sure if she's so unprofessional it will have been noted many times before,and she'll be fired.Anyway,IMO this forum is about the "Pudding" and not a rant about customer service.What are your in depth thoughts on the pizza and why didn't it live up to your expectations?What is your favourite pizza?

In the food service industry, a "bad day" is NEVER an option....nor should it be. 

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 04:48:27 PM »
Really...Digging up a 7.5 year old complaint thread?  :-\
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »
Didn't think there was a time element.......and yours is a bit later than mine..........

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 05:43:18 PM »
...and yours is a bit later than mine..........

NSS
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 06:53:35 PM »
whatever.....so done with this........

pizzapan