Author Topic: Marchiano’s Bakery “Tomato Pies” Roxborough-Manayunk  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Matthew

Re: Marchiano’s Bakery “Tomato Pies” Roxborough-Manayunk
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:25 AM »
Bob,
This bread is from my home town in Sicily.  It's made with a very dry oil dough. Try it with Nutella.

Matt

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »
Bob,

Thanks for posting all the pictures of what you purchased.  :) The Oregnato ring looks very interesting.  The Pepperoni and cheese boli also looks very good.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Bob1

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »
Bob,
This bread is from my home town in Sicily.  It's made with a very dry oil dough. Try it with Nutella.

Matt
Matt,
Is there any special name for it and do you have any formulas?  The more I eat it the more I like it.  I think I would really like it with roasted peppers.

Thanks,

Bob

Offline Matthew

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 05:50:13 PM »
Matt,
Is there any special name for it and do you have any formulas?  The more I eat it the more I like it.  I think I would really like it with roasted peppers.

Thanks,

Bob

Yes, it's called vottadu in our dialect.  It is phenomenal with peppers.  My mother used to make me pepper sandwiches with it for lunch when I was in school.  It is also fantastic with fettini di vitello,
This recipe is really good http://vivalafocaccia.com/2010/01/08/la-video-ricetta-del-pane-di-pasta-dura/

Matt