Author Topic: Re: Cat Pictures  (Read 9581 times)

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: Cat Pictures
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2012, 11:21:20 PM »
Thanks! (as if I had something to do with it) He's a big ol goofy Goldendoodle. A designer mutt, if you will. But what a sweetheart! He loves everybody.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:28:28 PM by Ev »

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2012, 11:40:46 PM »
Thanks! (as if I had something to do with it) He's a big ol goofy Goldendoodle. A designer mutt, if you will. But what a sweetheart! He loves everybody.

What a great poster for the love of life ...

Do you know the sexes of the two breed?

My guess the golden is female???

Who put that pie in my eye ?

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2012, 11:48:25 PM »
Your guess would be correct. I have the mother here. It was here first and only litter. 11 altogether. We(she) kept one and sold the rest for a tidy sum. Then we got them both fixed! What a pain raising all those pups without a proper kennel!

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2012, 11:56:17 PM »
Does Sophie realize that she's a cat?
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2012, 12:02:22 AM »
Not really. She seems to think she's the BOSS! Absolutely fearless! It's great fun to watch, if not a bit harrowing at times. The middle cat, Sylvia, hates her and disappears for days at a time. Oscar(Bigdog) just sits there and takes relentless attacks from Sophie like nothings going on!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:04:42 AM by Ev »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2012, 09:13:31 AM »
The black and white kitten is Oreo and the other kitten is Gizmo. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2012, 02:18:05 PM »
Zephyr as a little fur ball, and as a big fur ball. His sister, Willow, is camera shy. They are rescue cats found through Pet Finder. We thought they were Maine Coon, but after seeing pictures of Siberian Forest cats (which I had never heard of until pizzaboyfan posted... what a gorgeous cat, and I'm sorry for your loss... we went through the same thing around 4 years ago with our Maine Coon male, and it isn't easy), I'm not so sure.

In spite of being a confirmed dog lover all my life (my son tells me that every dog he's ever seen comes up to me and either leans on me or head butts me in the crotch to get my attention), I'm getting used to cats (particularly the males who seem to bond with me a lot more easily than the females). My son is a cat whisperer (dubbed that by the crazy cat lady that ran the rescue service where Zephyr and Willow came from).

Barry
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:17:54 PM by bfguilford »
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2012, 02:38:15 PM »
Looks like Gizmo has something to say...
Pizza is not bread.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »
Looks like Gizmo has something to say...

Craig,

Lol, that was hilarious!  :-D Thanks, my daughter will also get a kick out of that photo fixing.   

Those kittens eat Science Diet dry and moist cat food, but Gizmo does beg for pizza if leftovers are brought home.  He knows what is good.   :angel:

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
More from Gizmo:
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »
Boy, that 'lil Gizmo is kinda sassy Norma..... :o
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2012, 04:03:22 PM »
 :-D

Both my indoor cats love pizza crust.  Mitten is a picky eater so she just picks at it, but Boo (the one wearing bunny ears in the dog thread) will jump onto the table and try to steal a whole piece of pizza if we don't stop him.  It's terrible behavior but guests think it's so funny that we don't totally discourage it... 

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
Gizmo seems to have an innate grasp of new business opportunities...  Pizza treats made especially for cats!
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2012, 05:04:59 PM »
More from Gizmo:

Craig and any other members.   :-D  Gizmo told me I don't want to try any Science diet.  He is a cat whisperer, so I believe Gizmo.   :)

This is Junior sitting on his perch looking out the window.  He is Gizmo's and Oreo's brother.  We are just watching Oreo for another person.

Norma

Offline juniorballoon

• Supporting Member
    • Sirfoodalot
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
This is Spooky. He is/was a feral. He showed up around our house about 7 years ago. He was afraid of everything and incredibly cautious, hence the name.  For those years he lived completely outside. Summer and winter. He slept under bushes and must have found some shelter from winter storms as we've had two really bad winters during that time. Ice storm once that knocked out power for a week and almost 2 feet of snow another year. I have no idea how he did it. After 4 years of coaxing he finally decided we were safe and let us near him. A year later he let us touch him. A year after that he became a house cat, sort of. Early on, when he first started coming in, he would hide behind the couch if we were around. If my wife and I were in the other room, watching tv, after a while he would come out. We knew it because he would play with a pink, belled mouse toy. From the first night that he stayed in all night, he has used the cat box. I don't understand that either, but he is the most well mannered little guy. Our other cat, The Queen, hisses at him and he just looks at her. When he looks at you, you can see that he really takes you in, sizing you up. Once he decides you’re ok, he is a total love bug. He loves to be petted, purrs at the drop of a hat and drools. When he wants to be petted he comes up to you and head butts whatever body part is available. Leg, knee, face.

Recently he came down with Glaucoma and had to have an eye removed. A sad and heart wrenching affair. He has had a very hard life until the last few years and he truly deserves better. But even through all of it he purrs, head butts you and just asks to be loved.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2012, 08:14:10 PM »
Two outside kittens, one of these kittens sister was adopted this week.

Norma

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
Re: Re: Cat Pictures
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »
We have a stray cat that lives outside of our house and she is one of the most friendly animals you'll ever meet. She is very healthy looking and I have a feeling that she gets fed by the neighbors along with us too.

But feeding pizza crust to cats isn't strange at all if you ask me. This ole girl isn't picky at all. I've put out all kinds of veggies and later came back to a clean paper plate and her laying on our front porch furniture asleep. I guess you could say we have semi adopted her, but she doesn't stay around all the time. Guess I need to come up with some sort of name for her since I'm giving her scraps. LOL.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »
We have a stray cat that lives outside of our house and she is one of the most friendly animals you'll ever meet. She is very healthy looking and I have a feeling that she gets fed by the neighbors along with us too.

But feeding pizza crust to cats isn't strange at all if you ask me. This ole girl isn't picky at all. I've put out all kinds of veggies and later came back to a clean paper plate and her laying on our front porch furniture asleep. I guess you could say we have semi adopted her, but she doesn't stay around all the time. Guess I need to come up with some sort of name for her since I'm giving her scraps. LOL.
Sounds like a good cat....that's pretty much how I "inherited" the 2 that we have here. They came around bout 5 years apart and both had the same story....on the verge of death from starvation. It was pitiful, you could tell that this was their last hope cause they couldn't make it on their own. Must have been abandoned cause neither had front claws. I'm a dog person but these cats stole my heart and have a real happy life here. They're funny.  :)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »
This girl never has been too unhealthy looking, but she definitely looks a lot better than she did when she started coming around. As cheap as it is to feed her (free with scraps) I am probably gonna keep doing it. I know she has fleas but don't know a good way to help her get rid of that. May be no point since she lives outside and isn't always around out house. It bothers me to see any animal itching themselves to death though.

And those cats not having claws is a big reason why they looked so rough and ragged I bet. They couldn't do much of any kind of hunting. Be hard to catch a mouse without something sharp.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »
This girl never has been too unhealthy looking, but she definitely looks a lot better than she did when she started coming around. As cheap as it is to feed her (free with scraps) I am probably gonna keep doing it. I know she has fleas but don't know a good way to help her get rid of that. May be no point since she lives outside and isn't always around out house. It bothers me to see any animal itching themselves to death though.

And those cats not having claws is a big reason why they looked so rough and ragged I bet. They couldn't do much of any kind of hunting. Be hard to catch a mouse without something sharp.

Even though our clawed cats tear up our house, you hit the nail on the head.  Get them declawed, they run away, what happens?  Death sentence.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.