Ok, here's my first (and probably last) attempt at making a Pizza Cone. Pics below...
Although, it turned out well and tasted great, there's just too many problems associated with making and eating Pizza Cones. It's really a bad idea for my targeted purpose of using the cones as an appetizer for family gatherings.
* First off, you need to use the cone form in the oven for the initial par-bake. So any thoughts of making high quantities of cones would require many cone forms.
* Par-baking requires turning which is inconvenient.
* The loaded cone requires special holding rack to hold it upright during the bake.
* The loaded Cone tends to leak creating a mess.
* After baking the cone, you have to add more cheese because everything settles down into the cone as the cheese melts. You add some more cheese and minutes later you have to add more.
* Eating the cone is a problem too. Initially. it's too hot to handle. Even after several minutes, when you can handle it, the cheese at the lower part of the cone is still so hot you'd burn your mouth.
Although it was a challenge to just make one Pizza Cone, overall,
it's just not worth all the extra effort if you plan to make them
in any large quantity.