Author Topic: Norma's garlic alfredo on Slice  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
Norma's garlic alfredo on Slice
« on: September 25, 2012, 11:36:54 PM »
Hi Norma
I searched but could not find.  Would you share you recipe for that garlic alfredo pizza shown on Slice?

Looks great!

Thanks!
Regina

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
John Muir

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Norma's garlic alfredo on Slice
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:54:07 AM »
Hi Norma
I searched but could not find.  Would you share you recipe for that garlic alfredo pizza shown on Slice?

Looks great!

Thanks!

Regina,

Thanks!

Regina,

This is where I posted about the garlic Alfredo pizza that the picture was on Slice at Reply 539 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18407.msg211958.html#msg211958  I just looked though that thread some and am not sure if my formulation is there for the dough I used or not.  I have my work sheets at market, but think I know what baker’s percents I use.  I do use Kyrol flour.

Water 62%
IDY 0.50%
Kosher Salt 2%
Sugar 1%
Oil 2% (I am not sure if it is lower than 2% or not)

I scaled my dough balls to 1.124 lbs. for a 16” pizza (the pizza usually is over 16“).  I can look when I go over to market Friday to see if what I posted is correct if you want me to.  The dough is a one day cold fermented Lehmann dough.

Peter is trying to help me figure out why my garlic Alfredo pies seem to have better oven spring and generally look better than the other pizzas.

The Alfredo garlic sauce is just Alfredo sauce out of a jar that I add fresh grated garlic to.  The fresh cut spinach can be put on top of the garlic Alfredo sauce, then the cheese and then other veggies.

If you want to know more information, let me know what you want to know.   

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 12:32:27 PM »
Thanks Norma!  I'm gonna try it!
Regina

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
John Muir

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 01:21:43 PM »
Thanks Norma!  I'm gonna try it!

Regina,

I will check my print out sheets at market tomorrow to make sure I gave you the right percentages for each ingredient.

I do too many experiments to remember exactly what percentages I use in each experiment.  I should know my market dough, but each week just go by what is at the bottom of the print out sheet as to how much of each ingredient goes into a certain size batch. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 06:17:37 PM »

Regina,

I gave you the wrong percentages for the ingredients I use for the Lehmann market dough.  :-[ I checked my work sheets at market today.

This is what I use for my regular cheese and pepperoni pizzas and also the garlic Alfredo pizza.

Flour Kyrol 100%
Water 61%
IDY 0.40%
Salt 1.9%
Sugar 0.75%
Olive oil 1.6%

It all depends on how long you want to ferment the dough and also what final dough temperature you get in when the dough will be ready.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Norma

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
Thanks Norma!  It's pizza night and I plan to try the garlic alfredo combo.  I've already made my dough so I'll try your recipe next time.  I use KABF though. 
Regina

John Muir

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 06:41:56 PM »
Norma I forgot to ask what thickness factor do you use?
Regina

John Muir

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »
Thanks Norma!  It's pizza night and I plan to try the garlic alfredo combo.  I've already made my dough so I'll try your recipe next time.  I use KABF though. 

Regina,

I hope you like the garlic alfredo combo.  Steve also makes a garlic alfredo with BBQed chicken and adds sundried tomatoes.  That is tasty in my opinion.  I was going to try that this past Tuesday, but didn't have time to bake the chicken in my oven at market.

Norma I forgot to ask what thickness factor do you use?

My TF really isn't right, because I usually stretch my dough balls bigger than 16".  I scale my dough balls to 1.124 lbs.  for a 16” pizza.  I think Peter figured it out sometime, but don’t remember what the TF really was. If I had to guess it would be about .09 or a little thinner.

Norma   

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 12:00:02 AM »
Made 2 pizzas tonight.  One for hubby which was his usual sausage, pizza sauce onions, mozz, seasoning. He liked!  Not sure why the crust turns out much better when the air is cooler over the hot summer evenings.    Second pizza, mine, was alfredo sauce, lots of chopped fresh garlic, seasoning, spinich, mozz.  Bought cherry tomatoes and forgot to put them on  ???.  While not nearly as pretty as yours, it turned out very good.  Crust was light and airy. I would say more so than usual.  What I didn't like was the saltiness of the jarred afredo sauce.  Way too salty.  I'll need to find a healthier brand or make my own.  The results do make me want to perfect this recipe with a better sauce. 
Regina

John Muir

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 08:33:32 AM »
Made 2 pizzas tonight.  One for hubby which was his usual sausage, pizza sauce onions, mozz, seasoning. He liked!  Not sure why the crust turns out much better when the air is cooler over the hot summer evenings.    Second pizza, mine, was alfredo sauce, lots of chopped fresh garlic, seasoning, spinich, mozz.  Bought cherry tomatoes and forgot to put them on  ???.  While not nearly as pretty as yours, it turned out very good.  Crust was light and airy. I would say more so than usual.  What I didn't like was the saltiness of the jarred afredo sauce.  Way too salty.  I'll need to find a healthier brand or make my own.  The results do make me want to perfect this recipe with a better sauce. 

Regina,

I am not sure either why the crust turns out much better when the air is cooler.  I am glad your alfredo sauce pizza turned out well.  I am still trying to figure out why the garlic alfredo crust seems to be more light and airy.  Thanks for confirming yours did the same thing as mine.  Maybe it is something I will never figure out.  The mysteries of what happens with different pizzas is what makes it interesting.  :-D

I sure would think if you made your own alfredo sauce the resulting pizza would be much better and you could control the amount of salt.  There also are many other toppings you could add to a alfredo sauce pizza.

Let us know if you try something different.

If I may ask, what is you usual dough formulation for a NY style pizza and what type of oven do you bake your pizza in.

Norma

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »
Regina,

I am not sure either why the crust turns out much better when the air is cooler.  I am glad your alfredo sauce pizza turned out well.  I am still trying to figure out why the garlic alfredo crust seems to be more light and airy.  Thanks for confirming yours did the same thing as mine.  Maybe it is something I will never figure out.  The mysteries of what happens with different pizzas is what makes it interesting.  :-D

I sure would think if you made your own alfredo sauce the resulting pizza would be much better and you could control the amount of salt.  There also are many other toppings you could add to a alfredo sauce pizza.

Let us know if you try something different.

If I may ask, what is you usual dough formulation for a NY style pizza and what type of oven do you bake your pizza in.

Norma

This is the recipe I use most often.  I've been happy with it.

100% KABF
63%   WATER
.4%    IDY
2.0%  SALT
2%     EVOO
1%     SUGAR
0.1     Thickness Factor

I have a GE electric oven set to 550 and cook on the middle rack on 1/4" steel plate.  Sometimes I change the rack positions. 

I think I will make my own alfredo sauce soon.  I wanted to try your version of toppings first.  I'll try more variations though.  Since I only make pizza every other week, my progress will be slow.  Thanks for your feedback Norma.
Regina

John Muir

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »
Regina,

Your go to formulation looks good to me.  :) I like how hot your oven can get.  That kind of temperature does make a great pizza.

Norma

pizzapan