Author Topic: Pacific Living Gas Fired Pizza Oven  (Read 8880 times)

Offline rjthegreek

Re: Pacific Living Gas Fired Pizza Oven
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 09:54:33 PM »
Hey Everyone,
Finally some photos of the pizzas we made this weekend in my outdoor oven.
They were very tasty!!!
Thanks
RJ

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 10:19:18 PM »
Awesome dude...simply mesmerizing!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 10:48:59 PM »
RJ,

I'm sure the pies taste great, and I'm happy that you are happy with your purchase. That said I think your pictures will actually do you a disservice in your goal of defending this oven.  They do seem to show some of the exact issues that were assumed with this oven, lack of heat and uneven heat.  In your first post on this subject you comment that it's obvious none of us have used this oven, but I think the better question would be have you ever used another oven?  I would guess that upon using an oven capable of producing a 60 second balanced Neapolitan bake for the first time you would have a greater understanding of the comments some made in this thread.  Most users looking for an outdoor oven here expect the ability to cook fast and hot styles of pizza and that is generally what recommendations here are based on.
-Jeff

Offline rjthegreek

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:31 AM »
Jeff,
You're right about this outdoor oven being the only one I've used. Heck, how many has anyone
 used? Anyway, I think it works great and it looks great. It was much less expensive than the alternatives and I'll keep cooking and keep enjoying. Thanks for your input.
RJ

Offline PizzaJerk

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 11:40:33 AM »
Could you provide some of the specifics of the bake? Preheat time, temp, size of the pie, duration of the bake (seems about 9 or 10 minutes) and on what type of surface etc?

They don't look bad considering the fact the unit could use a bump in power and insulation. That being said, have you considered going the Tim "The Toolman" Taylor route on this oven yet?
May I glorify the Lord in all that I do.

Offline rjthegreek

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
OK,
I pre-heated for about 30 minutes, the gauge showed just under 400 degrees when I put the pizza in the oven, on the pizza stone that came with it. The pizza took about 8 minutes and I should have been turning more as you see some black on one edge. As I keep cooking and experimenting, I am sure that I will improve as I am still just a beginner. My neighbor is a pizza pro and she made the dough so I do not know the technique or ingredients she used, I just used her dough.. I am way better at the frozen pizzas or the super large Costco "take and bake" I cook those pretty well..
I think if it was hotter, I would have burnt it more than I did.
I don't have a lot of experience but I enjoy the oven and I think it works great for me.
RJ

Offline Coon88

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2013, 06:48:26 PM »
I'm in the market for an outdoor pizza oven, does anyone have more input on this unit. I also been looking at bs and 2 stone unit, however at this time I don't think I'm ready to invest 2200 in a 2stone even though I'm sure it's well worth the price. I usually just do ny style pies if that makes a pies but would love to try other style pies if I get a unit.

Thanks

Coon