Author Topic: Pizza Oven in Outdoor Kitchen Project  (Read 11750 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Pizza Oven in Outdoor Kitchen Project
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »
Late to the game, but I had a 2ftx4ft stainless steel prep table added to my mobile WFO and it was a game changer. When cooking with my dutch oven, I can just take it right out of the oven and on to the prep table to check it. It's also awesome to have the space to prep things and keep my launching and retrieval peels handy. After adding the prep table, I wouldn't ever want to go back!

+1 on the prep table. Game changer. You could do something like mine out of stainless and marble. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18634.msg181562.html#msg181562

The cold tray is the greatest. Keeps everything cold and organized. Set-up and clean up is a breeze.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
Your oven foundation reminds me of the saying: "There is no overkill. There is only open fire and time to reload."
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Reep

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 05:02:51 PM »
+1 on the prep table. Game changer. You could do something like mine out of stainless and marble. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18634.msg181562.html#msg181562

The cold tray is the greatest. Keeps everything cold and organized. Set-up and clean up is a breeze.

Why do you need so many ingredient containers when all you need is sauce, fresh mozzarella and basil?   8)

I'm having a built in stainless pizza building counter (30") that will handle most of the load.  I may put a butcher block table behind the oven if I need more counter, or just want it behind me.  But, I'll have to build it like my work bench, which doesn't move much:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:07:20 PM by Reep »

Offline Reep

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 01:56:31 PM »
Still waiting for the oven to arrive, but enjoying reading about others using it (or similar).  Here was a nice block on a FGM raised showing pizza and bread.

http://blog.bakerybits.co.uk/?p=723

Offline Reep

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »
Poured the counter tops now.  Next step is pizza oven arrival and tile for the counters.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:17:40 PM by Reep »

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »
Nice arena in background.  Yours? 

Offline Reep

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »
Nice arena in background.  Yours? 

It could be if my girls were into horses as much as I would like to be.  The area you saw is actually an empty lot that some neighbors ride in.  Next to that is a lot with 2.5 horses (1 mini).  We are zoned for three horses, but so far I don't having any takers for stall mucking, so the back of our lot is just empty for now.

Offline Reep

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
Okay, oven is on the way from MD soon.  I need to reread Robyn's thread for construction tips.  I'll take pictures as it progresses. 

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 05:33:29 PM »
Let me know if you have any questions!  You have my email.  You must be so excited!!  Keep us informed  ;D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »
Reep Is that the 1500 Lateral we spoke of going on there ?
Yes I think you need more concrete may not hold up!  :-D
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 09:32:44 PM »
It could be if my girls were into horses as much as I would like to be.  The area you saw is actually an empty lot that some neighbors ride in.  Next to that is a lot with 2.5 horses (1 mini).  We are zoned for three horses, but so far I don't having any takers for stall mucking, so the back of our lot is just empty for now.
It is still a very nice view though...congats on the oven man!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Reep

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 12:16:27 PM »
Here are some pictures of the same model (1500 short, not lateral).  It is equivalent to a raised 950, but with an extension in the middle.  Antoine put one together and took some pictures:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:19:57 PM by Reep »

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »
{jealous}  That looks really great - I wish it had been an option for us.  I love our oven, but I definitely would have gone for the raised if I could have.  Can't wait to hear how you like it. 

Offline Reep

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 02:53:52 PM »
{jealous}  That looks really great - I wish it had been an option for us.  I love our oven, but I definitely would have gone for the raised if I could have.  Can't wait to hear how you like it. 

Definitely a three cat oven.  The problem is I only have two kitties so it will remain untested.

Offline Reep

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
Crates are arriving at the house this afternoon.  If it was for my darn job I could start assembly.  I'll make sure and get uncrating pictures, but it may not happen until this weekend.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 02:08:10 PM »
It's the work you do that pays for the play! 

Since you brought it up, what's your occupation?
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Reep

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
It's the work you do that pays for the play!  

Since you brought it up, what's your occupation?

Patent Attorney.  Fun job getting to help people with their inventions.

And here is the first unveiling.  I was glad to see that the raised piece was added at the factory.  I thought that could be one more joint I had to seal when setting it up.  I might need to friends instead of one to help lift the pieces though.  The second picture is looking through the opening of the oven.  The bottom picture is the middle extension piece, which turns a 950B into a 1500B "short", although it looks plenty big.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:35:19 PM by Reep »

Offline scott123

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »
Patent Attorney.

A patent attorney?  Really?  I'll trade you pizzamaking knowledge for legal advice  ;D Right now I've got at least 10 highly marketable ideas sitting around collecting dust because I'm too cheap to hire a lawyer  :)

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 07:41:05 PM »
Two friends??   :-D :-D :-D

Unless one of those friends is the Incredible Hulk, you will need at LEAST 3 friends and probably more.  For our smaller oven, when it came time to lift the dome pieces into place, we had FIVE guys and it still wasn't easy.  Line up some extras  ;)

Offline Reep

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »
Two friends??   :-D :-D :-D

Unless one of those friends is the Incredible Hulk, you will need at LEAST 3 friends and probably more.  For our smaller oven, when it came time to lift the dome pieces into place, we had FIVE guys and it still wasn't easy.  Line up some extras  ;)

I'm not shocked, I may end up using the tractor.  I have a back hoe that might clear the wall to the cooking area and let me move the pieces that way.  Obviously that would have to be done carefully or my new FGM would turn quickly into wrecking ball.