Author Topic: Barbecue Statistic  (Read 547 times)

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven
Barbecue Statistic
« on: October 01, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »
I posted this link before. 2011 State of the Barbecue Industry Report http://www.hpba.org/media/barbecue-industry/2011-state-of-the-barbecue-industry-report

I am listing few key point that I found interesting

Total Gas Grills Shipments (57 percent of sales) 8,553,500
   Total Charcoal Grills Shipments (41 percent of sales) 6,232,500
   Total Electric Grills Shipments (2 percent of sales) 276,600

Grill Usage:

The majority of grill owners use their grills year-round (56 percent).
   Gas grills are used on average 45 times a year and used to entertain an average of 11 times a year.  While charcoal grill owners use their grill an average of 27 times a year and entertain with their grill an average of nine times a year.

I like to get every one input - What Type of grill do you own? Do you use it year - round? and how many time

Bert,

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Barbecue Statistic
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 02:22:45 PM »
I use my wood grill 1-2X+ every week, all year long. The last time I used my gas grill was to test the MPO. I can't remember the last time I used it before that.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline juniorballoon

• Supporting Member
    • Sirfoodalot
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 03:21:42 PM »
I have a charcoal grill. I use it 5 to 6 times a week from May to October. Outside of that it is very weather dependant. I use it maybe once or twice between Nov. and March. Last year I cooke dthe turkey on Christams day because we had a power outage. We were lucky as it was a clear and sunny, though chilly day. Turned out to be one of the best turkeys I've ever cooked.

jb

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »

MAK 2star pellet grill - use this most of the time, all year round, 2-4 times per week   (Traeger Lil Tex before the MAK)
Weber Kettle - little over a year old ,  I had never cooked on charcoal/lump before getting this and still getting the hang of it,  last month or so I have used once per week,  I will use sporadically during the winter
Vermont Castings Signature Series gas grill - since I got the pellet grill it's been on maybe six times, most last year during a power outage.  

Offline Jeep Pizza

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »
Gas grill - year round
Webber charcoal - year round
Wood burning smoker - year round
Various portable grills - as needed while on the road.
Some people eat to live;I live to eat... good food

Offline petef

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 07:27:52 PM »
I have 2 Gas Grills; a new Weber Genesis and an old Sunbeam w/lava rocks.

I use them year round. The only thing that stops me is severe weather or rain or snow.

---pete---

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 08:01:26 PM »
Hasty-Bake Legacy here. Found this $1,000 jewel at a garage sale for $75.  8)

1st pic shows features and the second pic is my old Hasty-Bake Suburban that I gave away to my boss.  It was a garage sale rescue as well, $35.  And as you can see, I use my grill all the time. At least 3 or 4 times a week in the summer as I'm too cheap to spend money on heating the house cooking while running the a/c  :-[
Who put that pie in my eye ?

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »
I have to admit, I never  heard or seen most of the grills that have been listed. Very impressive.

I own a gas grill, I used to use it once or twice a month, Now I use it at least once a week for pizza.
Bert,

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 10:48:20 AM »
-Weber Spirit - Year Round

-Weber Performer - Just got it but gonna be year round (Giving dad back the gas Weber Spirit since he lost his in the divorce! LOL)

-Weber mini WSM built from a Smokey Joe - Cooked on it twice and gonna smoke on it weekly hopefully given the funds. Cold weather smoking seems to make a lot more sense to me for some reason. Something about being chilly tending a smoker that is attractive. Not so much with grilling in the cold winter though.

-Brinkmann Electric Smoker - Used it a few times before I built the little Smokey Joe mini WSM. Probably gonna try and Craigslist it since charcoal smokers give a lot more flavor it seems to me and are just as easy to get going. And I have control over the temps, which the Brinkmann doesn't. I don't even know how hot the thing gets since they don't provide any kind of thermometer.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
Heavily modded Weber Platinum / LBE.  Burns wood, charcoal, gas.  2x week.
Fireplace.  Weenie / chicken nugget roasts over beechwood or maple with my kid.  1x week, seasonal.
Pit (3' high mound of dirt, chamber ringed with rammed-earth concrete block) 1x month, pit beef / chicken.

I want pork, dammit.  I'm really jealous of all the BBQ topics.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline rkrider99

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »
Weber charcoal Kettle  - at least 2-3 times per week, all year round

I did have a gas grill, for about a year. Used it when the summer downpours coincided with my timing trying to bbq, and I couldn't light the charcoal. One day I decided to line the whole thing with unglazed quarry tile, and learned how to make really good pizza on it. As a matter of fact, I had neighbors asking if I had opened a pizzeria, it smelled that good. I used to crank up the flame and let the tiles get red hot. One day, I went out to put a pizza on, and flames were shooting out of the front of the grill. It had melted the aluminium base, and there was this big hole with flames shooting straight out the front. Glad it didn't happen while I was standing there.

Tom

pizzapan