Author Topic: pics from last weekend  (Read 1995 times)

Offline bucket77

• I Love Pizza!
pics from last weekend
« on: November 14, 2005, 09:28:16 AM »
Here are the photos from last weekends pizza making.  (Thanks Steve for the help in resizing the pics).

Just out of the oven.

Offline bucket77

• I Love Pizza!
Re: pics from last weekend
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:29:03 AM »
And with the first slice removed.

Offline bucket77

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 09:29:50 AM »
A close-up of the slice of pie.

Offline cdodson

• Mmmmmm...pizza.
    • Wild Flours Bread Company
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:18:40 AM »
Eric,

Congratulations on a great-looking pizza!  I am curious to know your ingredients...especially the herbs and spices you used on the sauce.
Carey

The power of cheese

Offline bucket77

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 03:32:52 PM »
Cdodson - The crust was make following DKM's recipe from this website.  I followed it to the letter and have gotten it down pretty good.  The photo makes the crust look light in color, but it had a nice golden look.  This was the first time that I was able to not get the "bunching" of dough at the corners of the crust.

The Mozzarella was a whole milk variety that I got from Wild Oats grocery store.  It was a all natural mozzarella that was the softest kind that I have tried.   The Italian sausage was a sweet sausage again from Wild Oats.  Here in Kentucky you can buy it uncased, butcher style.  The pepperoni was just the simple Hormel stick brand that I sliced myself.

The sauce was crushed tomato's from Rold Gold.  I strained them and then simmered them with a can of tomato paste and two cloves of chopped garlic.  The seasoning used on top of the sauce was a combination of Parmesan cheese, black pepper, basil and a good amount of oregano.

This was my best effort, even thought my friends liked the others I felt they were sub-par, to date.  I can't wait to attempt it again.  The adjustments for the next one would be to 1.try a spicy Italian sausage 2. Try a different pepperoni 3. a little more spice  4. find a true Chicago style black pan to use.  (right now it is a spring form pan)

Bucket

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 05:34:18 PM »
Now that looks like a DEEP dish pizza.

Looks real good. I hope to be doing some this weekend.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards