Author Topic: Best WFO for the money currently available in US?  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Reep

Re: Best WFO for the money currently available in US?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »
John, Sorry I missed this the first time around. If I didn't have my oven and I didn't want to spend that much, I would be looking very hard at the MV Forni for a complete oven and the FGM if I wanted a modular oven.

This was basically what my decision came down to.  Both great ovens.  I went FGM for ease of installation and it about $4k less for a similar sized oven.  Not many talk of this, but I like the versatility of the FGM too with the larger door (for the tall model) and the insulated inner door and ability to close the damper for smoking food.  I know I would have been happy with the Marra Forni too though. 

Offline johnnydoubleu

• Thrill junkie. Baker. Cook. Coder. Aesthete.
    • johnwozniak.com
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 12:09:24 AM »
I went FGM
How long have you had it? Any caveats? Anything you (continue to) love? Anything show some wear-and-tear?

Offline Reep

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 03:32:04 PM »
How long have you had it? Any caveats? Anything you (continue to) love? Anything show some wear-and-tear?

I had just made the decision at the time of the post.  It has been built and is one its way to the U.S. right now.  It probably won't be up and running until the end of November at the earliest.  Robyn has been using hers for a bit now, but I don't think anyone here has had one for a long time (long term evaluation).

pizzapan