Author Topic: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza  (Read 134923 times)

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
Re:Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2004, 09:08:38 PM »
Making the dough in when the wife gets home.  Can't wait!
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2004, 02:17:01 PM »
Cooked it and had it for Luch.  It was great.   :)

Thanks xPHmgr!

DKM

Who gets his new camera this weekend!
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline Pierre

• Someone say "PIZZA !!"?
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2004, 07:12:33 PM »
Pierre you get the prize for the most symmetrical pizza.
Looks mighty tasty.
Randy

Thanks Randy, actually I wasn't even trying to get the toppings that symmetrical on the pizza, must have been an unconscious thought deep in my mind trying to create a perfect universe.... based on pizza molecules  :)

Pierre

Offline Pierre

• Someone say "PIZZA !!"?
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2004, 07:20:17 PM »
by the way Randy, your first try at DKMs Chicago style sure looks very tasty as well!!

With the weekend now up, I've got all kinds of Pizza dancing around in my head again ...  :D

Pizza Problems

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2004, 10:35:23 PM »
hey guys...u know where i can get the pan to bake the pizza hut pan pizza in...i only have the standard ones, not the pan ones. thanks.

Offline xPHmgr

• Pizza for all!
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2004, 01:32:35 PM »
There are several sites on the internet that sell pan syle pizza pans or you could just use a good quality cake pan.  Take a look at a local restaurant supply store if you have one.  I picked up two 8" cake pans that work well for either Chicago style or Pan Style pizza.

Pizzacko

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2004, 07:38:41 PM »
Hey! Where the heck can I get my hands on a pizza pan. I wanna try that recipe by xPHmgr cause I think Pizza Hut makes the best crusts. Anyways, all I keep finding are those flat, grey, teflon coated, $3.99 pans at Loblaws.

stock

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2004, 08:23:52 PM »
Hey! Where the heck can I get my hands on a pizza pan. I wanna try that recipe by xPHmgr cause I think Pizza Hut makes the best crusts. Anyways, all I keep finding are those flat, grey, teflon coated, $3.99 pans at Loblaws.

a quick search on the web returned the following:
http://www.acemart.com/merchant.mv?Store_Code=AM&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=G4-1
http://www.abestkitchen.com/store/pizzapans.html
http://www.katom.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=KRSI&Category_Code=SMWPZA

or, if you have a restaurant supply store near you, that would probably work as well.
-scott
*edit* spelling
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 08:57:37 PM by stock »

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2004, 10:50:06 AM »
Gonna make a deep pan in my cast iron skillet this week.
I could have sworn I read someone else on the forum tried this?????

results forthcoming...
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group

Offline Pizzaholic

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2004, 12:27:57 PM »
There are identical PH pans available from Hillware out of New Jersey. I got mine from a place in Michigan, it was the BEST money that I invested with the regard to pizza equipment. It is a dark metal that only needs to be oiled. Non stick type of coating. I will try to get more information on how to contact the company if needed.
Pizzaholic

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2004, 06:12:27 PM »
Upper crust a little burnt but delicious.
Actually used mix of two sauces one mixed with toppings and the diced tomato mixture on top with parmesean and italian breadcrumbs. I am not sure where I saw the breadcrumbs thing but it is Sicilian, I think, it gives a great texture right on top of the sauce.

onions,green pepper,sweet peppers, pepperoni,sausage,mushrooms, provolone,mozzerella

I was actually shocked at how good it turned out. with exception of the edge.
Oh, and I used Extra Virgin and Canola mixed for the pan, good taste. ;D

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2004, 08:16:42 PM »
Adult beverage and hot peppers too I see.
Looks tatsty!
Randy

Pizzacko

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2004, 09:52:31 PM »
Hey thanks guys... u know I think I learn more stuff in here than in a school. Anyways, I found a restaurant supplies store near me and I'm gonna go check em' out. Anyways, I appreciate the help. Thanks.

P.S.
You kick ass stock. Thanks fpr goin through the trouple to find the pans on the net. Appreciate it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 09:53:25 PM by Pizzacko »

lucifer

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2004, 12:23:33 AM »
Have learnt a lot lurking in this forum - it's great!

As cannot at this stage assist with recipes, I have enhanced the photo of the slice of pizza pictured earlier in this thread, to bring it up to life like colour level (i hope  :))

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2004, 07:57:41 AM »
Thanks, lucifer!  :)

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2004, 09:18:32 AM »
Come out of the shadows Lucifer all are welcome.
 ;D

That Damn Swede

Re: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2005, 09:10:03 AM »
Hey, I'm trying out this recipe as we speak. However, the dough will not rise after two hours at room temperature. Did you use cold water in your recipe? I assumed it was cold as you didn't mention anything else. Normally when you use dried powder yeast, you're supposed to use tempered water, at maybe 125F. I'm from Sweden, so I'm beginning to wonder if we have a different type of dried yeast powder over here...

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2005, 10:33:43 AM »
Place it in a warm place say 80F and it should work for you but next time try a water temperature of around 90F.

Hope this helps.

Randy

That Damn Swede

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2005, 11:18:11 AM »
All right, thank you. I've placed the pizzas on top of my stove and they're slowly coming to life. Maybe you should add water temperature to the recipe.

Also, I wonder what's the purpose, if any, of placing the dough in the fridge for som many hours?

:)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2005, 11:47:17 AM »
The reason for the long period of refrigeration is mainly for flavor. Although the activity of the yeast slows down during refrigeration, it is still alive and produces alcohol and other byproducts of fermentation. Also, there is bacteria (e.g., lactobacillus) that also continue to function during refrigeration and produce a wide range of acids and other compounds that contribute to the flavor of the finished crust. You can usually smell a lot of those fermentation byproducts.

Refrigeration of dough also allows you to control when you want to use the dough. Most doughs will hold during refrigeration for about 48 hours and, in some cases, as long as 3 or 4 days, but you have to be sure that there is enough sugar in the dough to go out beyond 48 hours. The yeast continues to feed on the sugar all that time.

Peter

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2005, 01:06:36 PM »
A good point about the temperature I will see if he is still on list and maybe he could clarify the temperature.

Randy

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2005, 01:11:04 PM »
I sent him an email but he has not been active in the last several months.

Randy

Offline xPHmgr

• Pizza for all!
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2005, 11:49:10 PM »
I did not measure the temperature of the water that I used to make the recipe.  However it was warm to hot but not so hot as to kill the yeast.  I have a Kitchen Aid mixer.  What I do is run my hot water until it is fairly warm/hot and then I rinse out the mixer bowl in order to raise the temperature of the bowl.  Then I measure out the correct amount of water and add it to the prewarmed bowl.  Sorry but I do not measure the temperature of the water but it is definitely very warm... just be careful not to make it too warm that you kill the yeast.

Offline xPHmgr

• Pizza for all!
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2005, 08:15:28 AM »
I went back and read the question asked regarding refrigerating the dough for so many hours before using it.

I do not know specifically why it was done that way at PH but I suspect it was mostly because of the way they ran their business.  They made their dough in the morning and then used it throughout the day... and so it allowed them to stop the rise process (or at least severely retard it) and make it usable for a longer period of time.

The other thing I noticed that it does is when it is used fresh (not refrigerated yet) the dough is very easily compressed by the handling and toppings.  After it has been refrigerated it seems to be less suspectable to loosing the air bubbles in the dough.

Hope that helps...

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2005, 11:30:22 AM »
On the recipe page should it read 90 -110 water temp XPHmgar?

Randy