Author Topic: Off from work today, might as well make a pizza!  (Read 635 times)

Online Chaze215

Off from work today, might as well make a pizza!
« on: October 26, 2012, 02:54:10 PM »
Well, it actually started last night when I made the dough...lol
100% ConAgra Mills Harvest Bread Flour
64% Hydration (100-105 F)
1.6% Salt
.46% ADY
I usually put some olive oil in my dough, but somehow I forgot. I have to be honest, I dont think I missed it.

-The ADY was placed in the water and mixed up a bit and sat for about 5-10 minutes until frothy/bubbly.
-The flour and salt were put into the food processor and pulsed a few times just to combine.
-ADY and water were then added to the flour/salt mixture and pulsed until the dough began to come together and ball up.
-The dough was then placed on a lightly floured surface and hand kneaded for about 5 mins.
-After 5 minutes, the dough was left at room temp for about an hour and then transferred into the refrigerator for an overnight nap in a airtight, lightly oiled plastic container.
After about 14 hours in the fridge, the dough was balled up and set at room temp for 2-2.5hrs. During the last hour, the oven was set at 550 to heat up the stone.
I had some Furmano's crushed tomatoes on hand (leftover from last night and I couldnt possibly let it go to waste. Just another excuse to make some pizza...lol) which I added a pinch of salt and sugar along with some Italian seasoning. Actually wasnt bad! I was surprised.
When I was at Shoprite this am, there was some freshly made mozz which I figured I would give a shot on the pie.
The pizza was baked at 550 for 3.5 mins, rotated and baked for another 3.5 minutes. I like the results, but it needed a sprinkle of salt since the fresh mozz didnt have any. What are your thoughts? Pics are below. Thanks for looking!

Chaz

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
Re: Off from work today, might as well make a pizza!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »
Looks pretty darn good to me!

pizzapan