Author Topic: no puff in dough  (Read 596 times)

Offline jrnyc1

no puff in dough
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »
Hello Pizza Fanatics!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!, I have been experimenting with pizza dough but I haven't achieved my goal of getting close to a Napolitano Pizza. I know its hard doing Pizza in a home oven@550 but I would like to get a little more Puff in my dough. I've tried all 00, I have mixed 00 with all purpose(KA). I have also mixed Trump, 00, AP and Cake(KA) 25%each. I have used fresh yeast and active dry. ratios are as
follows.
7 cups flour
2 cups water
1 tsp yeast
salt
I appreciate any help I can get. THANKS!

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: no puff in dough
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:20:29 PM »
A few things you are going to hear from those on the forum. First of all, 00 doesn't work in home ovens, and neither does make neapolitan pizza, so you will have to move on to another type of pizza. Secondly, we use bakers percentages for everything on the forum because measuring is too inconsistent. If you don't know what that means, use the search function on the forums or simply google. But wether you are making neapolitan style pizza or any other type, you should be able to get rise out of your dough. What is your work flow? My simple suggestion without knowing what you are doing would be to switch to IDY instead of ADY.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: no puff in dough
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
How are you fermenting the dough, and for how long?

John