Author Topic: Convection - yes or no?  (Read 3198 times)

scott123

Re: Convection - yes or no?
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »
Congratulations, Britt, you are one of an extremely small group of people lucky enough to have an oven that runs hot enough for 4 minute bakes on a regular baking stone.  630 is definitely not something you see much in an unmodified oven and, at the temp, you don't need steel plate.

Did the company cramp your style? You had a little more bowling (thin towards the center) than on your previous pies.

Now that you've got your oven setup in order, I think your ready for better flour. Where abouts are you located?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:52:42 AM by scott123 »

Offline Skee

Re: Convection - yes or no?
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 12:03:17 PM »
I think it's just how I'm holding the pizza flat in my hand rather than with the index finger pushing down to make a "V" and hold the point up but yeah, having hungry people standing around in the kitchen can throw off the timing a little, and the faster cooking time with only one peel was keeping me hopping.  630F was a huge surprise - I'd been making pizza in a Kenmore for years and been unhappy with its performance both as an oven and as a stove (just no power) and this Kitchenaide is pretty impressive for under $1000.

I'm in Austin, Texas.  Not sure what flours are available commercially here but I can get the 50# KASL with out too much difficulty.