Author Topic: Cento certified San Marzanos at Trader Joe's now  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Cento certified San Marzanos at Trader Joe's now
« on: October 06, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Went to TJ's yesterday to get a few things and saw that they now sell the Cento San Marzanos w/Basil (Certified) at a great price.

I asked the checker if that was a new product and she said yes. Usually I can't get a can of Cento SMs under $5 here in SF so I thought I'd share the news...

TJ's sells them at $3.99 per 28oz can.

Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Cento certified San Marzanos at Trader Joe's now
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »
Went to TJ's yesterday to get a few things and saw that they now sell the Cento San Marzanos w/Basil (Certified) at a great price.

I asked the checker if that was a new product and she said yes. Usually I can't get a can of Cento SMs under $5 here in SF so I thought I'd share the news...

TJ's sells them at $3.99 per 28oz can.

I posted a while back that I'd seen Cento DOP in a couple stores recently. Now, I can find them just about everywhere I shop in Houston and they are typically $3.89 - $3.99/can. The Certified are nowhere to be found. I wonder if they are phasing out the certified and going back to DOP? Maybe the dumped the last of them at TJ's?
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
I posted a while back that I'd seen Cento DOP in a couple stores recently. Now, I can find them just about everywhere I shop in Houston and they are typically $3.89 - $3.99/can. The Certified are nowhere to be found. I wonder if they are phasing out the certified and going back to DOP? Maybe the dumped the last of them at TJ's?

Craig,

I don't know if they're phasing them out. The checker told me that it was a new product so my guess is the Centos could be very well become a regular item at TJ's.

I think we have to wait and see :)
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 02:54:47 PM »
I wil look at my TJ here in town, good find!

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline flyboy4ual

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 03:45:01 PM »
I bought 15 cans.  They told me that they just got one order in and that's all they are getting.  They were pretty good on the pizza's I made this week!

Scott D.