Author Topic: Sur La Table vs New Wave  (Read 379 times)

Offline pdizzle

• I Love Pizza!
Sur La Table vs New Wave
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:14:13 PM »
Hello all -
new to this all and don't want to make a newbie mistake.

Should I buy

http://www.amazon.com/Newwave-Stone-Pizza-Matte-Black/dp/B00HNSUHF0/?tag=pizzamaking-20

or

http://www.amazon.com/Sur-La-Table-Pizzeria-LD-902SLT/dp/B00FPWAPA8/?tab=pizzamaking-20

or

something similar but not these...

so eager to just grab one.  I have seen the sur la table on this forum but no the new wave.

Thanks!

Offline barryvabeach

Re: Sur La Table vs New Wave
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:32:16 PM »
No idea, but the Amazon link on Sur La Table model lists the maker as New Wave.  Also, Amazon also has another New Wave model  http://www.amazon.com/New-Wave-Multi-Pizza-Maker/dp/B00C6RI6HY/?tag=pizzamaking-20  that gets pretty good reviews.  Check out the return policy for Sur La Table, if it is good, that might make it the winner.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 09:47:14 PM »
WHAT style pizza you want to make?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:35:42 PM »
I do not have an opinion as to which you should by, if either one.

Having said that, I would want to make sure you are aware of the warranty that Sur La Table offers, as follows:

"Our Guarantee
SIMPLE HONEST EASY

We guarantee your complete satisfaction with the products we sell from our stores, catalog, and website.

If you wish to return merchandise at any time, you will receive your money back in the form of original payment provided you have a receipt, or if you do not have a receipt you will receive a gift card for the current selling price of the product.

For full details, please see Returns & Exchanges.
"
The details are:
"What is your return policy?
We guarantee the quality of the products we sell in our stores, website and catalog for creating memorable moments in the kitchen.

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, bring it back for a full refund in the form of the original payment, provided you have proof of purchase consisting of a receipt, gift receipt, or gift registry showing the purchased item. If you do not have the proof of purchase, you will receive a gift card for the current selling price of the product.

If the quality or construction of your product is defective, you may exchange it any time for the same item or for a gift card valued at the current selling price of the product.

All items with a plug may be returned or exchanged with proof of purchase for up to one year from the date of purchase."

So, this has a plug and you can return it, no questions asked, for up to a year.

I have purchased many times from Sur La Table and their warranty is truly worthwhile.  For example, my Wusthof Chef's knife  handle cracked a few months ago.  We brought it to the store and they gave us a new one.  It was 8 years old.

- Mitch

PS They price match, including Amazon.

Offline pdizzle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 12:24:13 AM »
Thank you everyone for such helpful information!  The warranty info might sway me to order form their site directly.
I am looking to make neapolitan margherita.  just browsing this site makes me so hungry!

Offline pdizzle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 12:25:54 AM »
No idea, but the Amazon link on Sur La Table model lists the maker as New Wave.  Also, Amazon also has another New Wave model  http://www.amazon.com/New-Wave-Multi-Pizza-Maker/dp/B00C6RI6HY/?tag=pizzamaking-20  that gets pretty good reviews.  Check out the return policy for Sur La Table, if it is good, that might make it the winner.

newwave makes them all!

Offline scott123

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 02:10:39 AM »
I don't pretend to know everything there is to know about these clamshell type ovens, but I do know that the ones manufactured in Italy are superior to the ones made in China.

Russ, if this is the kind of oven you're looking for, I'd probably grab an Italian one off ebay than either of these.

Offline pdizzle

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
I don't pretend to know everything there is to know about these clamshell type ovens, but I do know that the ones manufactured in Italy are superior to the ones made in China.

Russ, if this is the kind of oven you're looking for, I'd probably grab an Italian one off ebay than either of these.

Are the italian ones wired for USA electric?  I just figured they were 220 instead of the 110V we need ?

Offline scott123

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 12:27:34 PM »
Are the italian ones wired for USA electric?  I just figured they were 220 instead of the 110V we need ?

Well... if you look at the most successful bakes that forum members have had with these types of ovens,

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=19732.0

they've involved fast Neapolitan bake times and quite a bit of tinkering. If you don't want to tinker (such as wiring your house to accommodate 220), then I think the best these Chinese ovens will do is NY bake times- which, with the proper hearth material, most home ovens can do, at a much lower price, so, other than perhaps portability, these Chinese ovens don't have a great deal going for them.

Offline sub

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 03:53:47 PM »
Hi,

Both of them are made in china, you should look on ebay for a Deni pizza bella 2100 or 2200  with round heating element.

Yes they where, look this ML Napoli  one of the first, and this white VillaWare also made by ML. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:51:42 PM by sub »

pizzapan