Author Topic: Going to Betolla  (Read 1549 times)

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
Re: Going to Betolla
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 03:09:55 AM »
I wonder if most nights if he mans the oven and is actually in the restaurant. Don't know how a good WFO place does its workflow.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 08:07:09 AM »
Get some pictures of the pies, please.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 04:52:44 PM »
Oh I'm going to snap a pictures of everything that I can without coming off as a nut. LOL. Even then I don't care, and hopefully he'll be there and I'll get to talk to him.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »
Oh I'm going to snap a pictures of everything that I can without coming off as a nut. LOL. Even then I don't care, and hopefully he'll be there and I'll get to talk to him.

Do it right, and maybe they will think you are a food critic and give you extra good service.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:10 PM »
Do it right, and maybe they will think you are a food critic and give you extra good service.

Good suggestion.  Throw a few pizza words around.  Marco Parente, proofing, diving arm mixer, Peter, TxCraig, I have a custom built WFO I just haven't had time to pick it up yet.  And save some good ones for last "I hear the San Marzano's were a bit acidic this year" or "I am just sick about the VPN being so lax"
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 09:50:46 PM »
Good suggestion.  Throw a few pizza words around.  Marco Parente, proofing, diving arm mixer, Peter, TxCraig, I have a custom built WFO I just haven't had time to pick it up yet.  And save some good ones for last "I hear the San Marzano's were a bit acidic this year" or "I am just sick about the VPN being so lax"

LOL.

Peter

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 10:47:28 AM »
Haha, a post on here I read a while back said something about them having the best mixer in the world or something like that. Not sure what kind it is. I wanna find out if he's using yeast or a starter in his dough. May be a dumb thing to ask IDK, but if he is using a starter I'll bring up the Ischia I bake with, LOL. And his pie's look good that I've seen but they don't have Craig's leoparding so yeah..... I may get asked to leave.  :-D

P.S. - I bet he snuck in here under a phony name and learned to make his dough from Peter.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:51:09 AM by rcbaughn »

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 05:43:59 PM »
No pizza today. My mom's boss's mother is having breast cancer surgery and it didn't go to well so she's gonna be there with her tonight. Maybe next week, but food definitely takes a back seat here.

She did bring me these two things though, the later being more of a joke. She said she was sorry and that hopefully I could make my own pizza this week just as good. I didn't even know she knew what Jamon Serrano was. I don't know how good that brand is here though.

I hate it because she felt so bad knowing how pumped I was, but all in good time. Not gonna go with my roommates tonight without her. Saving the first WFO going with her. :D

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 05:56:53 PM »
Cory,

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"

Peter

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »

I'm having problems using the quote feature here but about the food critic comment from Craig, yes I been having better service lately when talking bout “technical” issues that regular customers are not aware of. One guy even offer to sell me some of its fire wood.

About the Jamon Serrano, this is the Spanish “cousin” of the prosciutto. You can try to make Serrano and Spinach stuff bread, and you can even add the olives.

Hope you get the chance to go to Betolla next week.

Edgar