Author Topic: pizza with sea food?  (Read 2396 times)

Offline La Sera

Re: pizza with sea food?
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 06:03:53 PM »
My two most popular pizzas are a pesto-based garlic shrimp with onions and olives (topped with plenty of ground pepper out of the oven), and smoked salmon and cream cheese accent (along with mozzarella and gouda and some secret veggies) topped with thin threads of a wasabi-mayonnaise mixture.

My specials next month are a squid and shrimp with baby asparagus, and an anchovy with wafer-thin slices of seasoned blanched potato with onions on a white sauce. No tomato sauce on the anchovy version.

I have a crab meat pizza in December. Yum! It's also a white sauce style.

(Added: I use no raw meats or seafood. I precook everything. We're relentlessly clean in our kitchens, but a commercial pizza kitchen has too many hands touching too many toppings during peak times. The risk of cross contamination is too high for me. I won't allow it. Cooking at home is different, though.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:15:52 PM by La Sera »

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
Re: pizza with sea food?
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 06:18:32 AM »
I just saw this thread, but I tend to think that seafood on pizza shouldn't be paired with a tomato sauce. I just don't think it works that well at all. Every pie I've made with some sort of fish or seafood used a white sauce or a pesto base, or just a simple olive oil slick. Maybe I'm off base not liking tomato sauces with seafood or haven't prepared it correctly.
More is better..... and too much is just right.