Author Topic: Walmarts Dough ball $1.19 each!!!!!  (Read 13892 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Walmarts Dough ball $1.19 each!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 07:51:09 AM »
Craig,

I looked on Walmart's website this morning and I now see that didn't change the Nutrition Facts like you posted about for the Pepe's frozen dough balls.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pepe-s-Bakery-Fried-Dough-Bread-Calzone-Pizza-Dough-16-oz/10849034#Ingredients

Those Pepe's dough balls made a decent pizza and so did Peter's reverse engineering project formulation of Pepe's frozen dough balls.  If I had the choice I would had made Peter's formulation though.

Norma

Always working and looking for new information!

Offline theppgcowboy

Re: Walmarts Dough ball $1.19 each!!!!!
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 01:36:47 PM »
If everyone got their dough there. we would all be comparing the same pizza with different toppings.  I had a visitor from Switzerland bring his family from back 6 months later because he could not get the pie out of his mind.  That was the best compliment I had ever had and that is what making your own dough can does.  I even had a family who was here the second time from NY come by and I started the conversation with, You sure can get good pizza in New York, they said they used to think that.   The Dough Dr is correct, the best pizza I have had is the one I made last.

pizzapan