Author Topic: Pizzerias in Tampa, FL  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Casanova

• Arrivederci, Baby!
Pizzerias in Tampa, FL
« on: November 19, 2005, 07:55:04 PM »
For anyone living in or visiting the Tampa, FL area, try out an Italian restaurant named Villaggio Italian Ristorante in Lutz. The owner is a guy named Giuseppe Mascali and he's originally from Sicily. His recipes are superb - as well as the hospitality - and the service is wonderful; no "hovering" wait staff, however. But that's a good thing, in my opinion. Giuseppe will occasionally make his way through the restaurant and visit your table to say hello and make sure you're being well taken care of. If he's seen you once or twice before, he'll even sit at your table for a few minutes and chitchat. You won't find many owners anywhere doing THAT! Villaggio is quite modestly priced compared to some "higher end" Italian restaurants in Tampa, yet with everything taken into account, I'd pick Giuseppe's place any day. Last but certainly not least - his pizzas are absolutely delicious!

As strict pizzerias go, Windy City Pizza, located at the corner of Fletcher Avenue and Dale Mabry Highway is one of the best Tampa has to offer. They offer all types of crusts and their pizza varieties seem almost endless. Frankly, I can't see anyone walking out of there unsatisfied. 

One last place I wanna tell you about is Babe's Pizza in Brandon, FL. Brandon is so close to Tampa that they're almost one and the same. Babe's doesn't open until 5 p.m., however,  is a fairly small place, and doesn't seat that many people. Consequently, you DO have to wait for a table or booth quite often, but the pizza's worth it - believe me. They make a double-decker pizza that melts in your mouth. Two or three slices of that one is all you need, especially with a pitcher of beer! And if you're new to the place and you hear a clackety-clack overhead, never fear, it's just the little locomotive train and boxcars that run on the track around the wall. Weird, but kinda novel, too......LOL Enjoy!

Rick   
Some believe it when they see it; others see it when they believe it.

pizzapan