Author Topic: pizza plus PZ120 and seafood pizza recipe  (Read 4275 times)

Offline jib4746

• I Love Pizza!
pizza plus PZ120 and seafood pizza recipe
« on: November 20, 2005, 05:23:47 PM »
???

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also a total amateur as far as making my own pizza is concerned.
I hope somebody can help me. I have 3 questions.

1) In Italy I loved the seafood pizza. Does anybody have a recipe? Or even the name of a restaurant that serves that?

2) Somebody gave me their Welbilt Pizza Plus PZ120 without instructions.
    Can anybody tell me where I can find the manual? I could not find a Welbilt web site.

3) Can anybody tell me how to avoid the "breadlike" consistency of bread machine pizza dough?

I would really appreciate an answer. Thanks in advance. 

Joyce
jib4746@gmail.com

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: pizza plus PZ120 and seafood pizza recipe
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 07:57:33 PM »

1) In Italy I loved the seafood pizza. Does anybody have a recipe? Or even the name of a restaurant that serves that?

Welcome, Joyce. I too enjoy seafood pizza, especially one topped with shrimp. I prefer to use large (U15) shrimp and remove the shell and butterfly them. I do not cook them before baking the pie since I bake in a very hot oven. You may want to use cooked shrimp for a conventional oven. Seafood processed with phosphates can release a lot of liquid during cooking - not good.

Fontina Val d'Aosta and Parmesan cheese are what I like to use with shrimp.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 09:45:15 PM »
Joyce,

Some bread machines come with a pizza dough cycle in addition to a bread dough cycle. Mine does not, so I had to take steps to get around the problem you mention. To read of my efforts in this regard, you may want to take a look at these posts: Reply #51, page 3, at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,576.40.html, and Reply #260, page 14, at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,576.260.html.

I might add that, from what some of our members have said, not all bread machines appear to produce a breadlike crumb in a pizza crust.

Peter

Offline dinks

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 04:35:47 PM »
JOYCE:
  Good afternoon. I am happy to meet you, the pleasure is all mine. I will try to answer your questions.

1) The Red Lobster restaurant has a lobster pizza on their menu. They do not use regular pizza dough, they use a Spanish bread dough called Tortilla. I have this recipe it is authentic & very hard to get. I would be happy to share it with you if you would like try it.

2), The reason you are unable to locate a Welbillt site is because they went out of bizzz~nizzz 2-3 years ago.

3),In making pizza dough in your bread machine you can try to use same only to mix the ingredients & knead the dough yourself. Thin crust pizza does not require proofings only a full fermentation. Just something for you consider. If you treat your pizza dough like bread dough you will end up with a concoction similiar to bread.
  Joyce good luck  let us know of your succes in your pizza baking when you try out your experiments. Have a nice day young lady.

~DINKS.

Offline pondoro

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 10:31:29 PM »
I like to make a thin crust and top with fresh basil, purple onions, fresh tomatoes, feta or bleu cheese and clams plus shrimp or salmon. Go sparse on the toppings so about 20% of the crust shows through. It works with dried basil, too.

Offline PizzaDanPizzaMan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 11:55:30 AM »
I made this the other day, after reading about another members success with a seafood topped pizza. It was marvelous. This was made with a sour-dough preferment (no commercial yeast), just to show you what some of the other possibilities are. You have certainly found yourself one of the best places on the web for "pizzadvice". Great folks here just waiting to share information.

Good Luck in your "pizzadventures".
Dan