Author Topic: Our pizza story..  (Read 1204 times)

Offline 2StonedPizzaCouple

Our pizza story..
« on: October 17, 2012, 03:32:03 AM »
Hi pizzamaking.com. We are the 2StonedPizzaCouple. We live in the real Northern California in Trinity county. We have two pizza restaurants in the county that do a half hearted attempt. I love pizza and so does my partner and living where we do with no plans to ever consistently be near a large enough metro area to not need to take matters in to our own hands.

This found me buying us a 2stone for my weber genesis and learning how to make dough. I started with the basic lehmann dough and tweaked it to come to what many who have tried all say is extremely close to that "pizzeria" pizza.

203 g gold harvest bread flour...this is the highest gluten flour I can send my lady in to town to buy ( she deals with my lack of people skills for me this way ..I think it's the pizza that she does it for though because she just muttered she hates the grocery store too...)
121 g warm water
2g Breiss organic barley malt extract
3G olive oil
3G salt
2g instant yeast..fleischmann's rapid rise is what we can get locally.

I dissolve the malt and salt in the warm water with the dough hook then add the flour and yeast which have been combined ..once it has come together as much as it can I will add the oil and finish kneading in the kitchen aid at speed 2 counter rise till doubled and on to the stones.

I would like to include pictures but néed to figure out how to resize them on my ipad

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Our pizza story..
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 03:42:10 AM »
I would like to include pictures but néed to figure out how to resize them on my ipad

Welcome. I don't think the iOS browser supports uploading photos into this forum. You'll need to do it from a desktop.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 07:26:52 AM »
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:33:46 AM »

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 04:10:47 PM »
iOS 6 Safari allows web file uploads from the camera roll or photo stream - you just need to resize them with a 3rd party app or email them to yourself and then add back into the library.

John

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 08:42:26 PM »
Trying some offsite hosting

(http://i.imgur.com/XVghL.jpg?1)

http://imgur.com/XVghL

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:48:59 PM by 2StonedPizzaCouple »

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »
Trying some offsite hosting
http://imgur.com/XVghL

Nice looking little pies there.  I take it you both like black olives?   :)

If you can upload directly to here, a good photo size is usually 800x600.

Next time, show one cut side ("crumb shot") and the bottom of the slice ("upskirt") too, please.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 04:35:18 AM »
I want to make 12" pies but don't have a peel. So I use a spatula and some courage and get it done to the best of my resent tools abilities ... I have the small size 2 stone so  need a 12" peel...here's the bottom of some balls I le cold ferment. Definitively improved the crust. Made it  a unique component instead of a carrier of toppings with character. Recently got some vital wheat gluten in too. Going to play with that...
http://imgur.com/4auaO