Author Topic: Pizzarium  (Read 154467 times)

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzarium
« Reply #1280 on: February 06, 2015, 01:58:14 PM »
48 hr fermentation. caputo metro 75% hydration

Offline tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #1281 on: February 06, 2015, 06:40:55 PM »
48 hr fermentation. caputo metro 75% hydration

Very nice, pizapizza.  I love the hole structure. 

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1282 on: February 11, 2015, 08:29:05 PM »
pretty much the same recipe as before but went with 80% hydration and put it in the fridge this morning to slow down the fermentation. just bought another scale so that should fix that problem. not nearly as many holes as i wanted but think it had to do with the last rigeneri i did and the dough ball not being tight enough. going to try out my next one in the blackstone

Offline Matthew

« Reply #1283 on: February 14, 2015, 05:47:23 PM »
A couple of sourdough from today; 85%
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:51:18 PM by Matthew »

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1284 on: February 14, 2015, 07:30:12 PM »
I like those...a lot.
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1285 on: February 14, 2015, 08:01:16 PM »
looks really good. i just made one but i ended up stretching the dough too much  :(

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1286 on: February 22, 2015, 07:21:24 PM »
molino marino 00 81% hydration. really hard to mix since it was so sticky. a higher temp oven might've been better for this flour. stretched the dough too much but i ended up with the best holes so far.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #1287 on: March 20, 2015, 08:45:51 AM »
A video from Lucky Peach.  Gabriele Bonci’s  talking about Pizzarium dough, oven temperature, etc.  The oven temperature is higher than I thought it would be.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline parallei

« Reply #1288 on: March 20, 2015, 03:02:58 PM »
Thanks for posting that Norma.  It was interesting to hear how he distinguishes between a focaccia and a pizza al taglio (pan rise vs direct bake).   

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1289 on: March 20, 2015, 03:23:15 PM »
It was interesting to hear how he distinguishes between a focaccia and a pizza al taglio (pan rise vs direct bake).

Paul,

I also thought it was interesting how he distinguishes between a focaccia and a pizza al taglio.  I don't think I still know enough to make that style of pizza.   :-D

Norma

Offline derricktung

« Reply #1290 on: March 21, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »
Paul,

I also thought it was interesting how he distinguishes between a focaccia and a pizza al taglio.  I don't think I still know enough to make that style of pizza.   :-D

Norma

Norma, such humble words from someone with such vasts amount of pizza knowledge.  I'm confident that you would pick up this style very quickly...

Thank you for the video!  The pizza my wife and I had at Pizzarium was easily the best pizza in Rome... and we've been toying with replicating his technique for awhile now!

Always interesting to hear him talk and see some more of his process.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1291 on: March 21, 2015, 12:31:22 PM »
Norma, such humble words from someone with such vasts amount of pizza knowledge.  I'm confident that you would pick up this style very quickly...

Thank you for the video!  The pizza my wife and I had at Pizzarium was easily the best pizza in Rome... and we've been toying with replicating his technique for awhile now!

Always interesting to hear him talk and see some more of his process.

Derrick,

I did try many attempts on a Pizzarium style on another thread.  I am not sure, but think I might have only posted a couple on this thread.  At Reply 295 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=9989.msg124520#msg124520 was my best attempt.  I couldn't pick up a Pizzarium style quickly.  :-D

Wow, you and your wife are sure lucky to have gone to Pizzarium.  ;D  Great to hear it was the best pizza in Rome.

I agree it is always interesting to hear Gabriele Bonci talk.  He is so passionate.

Norma

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1292 on: March 21, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »
thanks for posting norma. I'm a sucker for pizzarium videos  ;D . the foccaia vs pizza al taglio difference was interesting….

Offline parallei

« Reply #1293 on: March 21, 2015, 11:45:21 PM »
thanks for posting norma. I'm a sucker for pizzarium videos  ;D . the foccaia vs pizza al taglio difference was interesting….

The other interesting thing was the 72 hour cold ferment.  He stated 48 hours bulk and 24 hours in portions.   I've only done his dough overnight in the fridge.

Offline derricktung

« Reply #1294 on: March 22, 2015, 07:13:14 AM »
The other interesting thing was the 72 hour cold ferment.  He stated 48 hours bulk and 24 hours in portions.   I've only done his dough overnight in the fridge.

I believe his book recommends overnight in the fridge.  Maybe it's meant to be dumbed down for the masses.. or he didn't want to give away all his secrets.   ???

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1295 on: March 23, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »
I believe his book recommends overnight in the fridge.  Maybe it's meant to be dumbed down for the masses.. or he didn't want to give away all his secrets.   ???
yea it seems to be dumbed down. i believe he recommends 70% hydration in the book but in the video he says 90% i think

Offline nickr

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1296 on: March 24, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »
I am throwing my hat into the Pizzarium ring. I love this style. Here's a big favorite at my house. Onion tossed in olive oil and salt, topped with Cream Havarti and thinly sliced Asiago. (Edit: added an undercarriage shot)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:47:32 AM by nickr »