Author Topic: Two Billís pizza..dough and Carmelina Sauce..great!  (Read 109854 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Two Billís pizza..dough and Carmelina Sauce..great!
« Reply #1820 on: April 17, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »
Well, I now will be able to watch the Cooking Channel and those pizza shows at a lesser price than what I had been paying for my cable before.  I think I will be curious to see what is shown at Buddyís. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Ev

« Reply #1821 on: April 18, 2013, 04:57:05 PM »
When are those pizza shows supposed to be on?

Offline Ev

« Reply #1822 on: April 18, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »
I made a couple pies this Thursday evening with some leftover dough that Norma gave me on Tuesday. About 12 minutes at 500 with foil over top for the last 5.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1823 on: April 18, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »
Those look real good, Steve.  :drool:

Especially he bottom shot. I have trouble getting mine like that.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:29:50 PM by Serpentelli »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1824 on: April 18, 2013, 08:15:07 PM »
When are those pizza shows supposed to be on?

Steve,

Scott (flyboy4ual) posted the link to the pizza shows at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,24375.msg247157.html#msg247157  May 13th at 9 pm ET time for the show that includes BuddyĎs.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1825 on: April 18, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
I made a couple pies this Thursday evening with some leftover dough that Norma gave me on Tuesday. About 12 minutes at 500 with foil over top for the last 5.

Steve,

Your pies sure turned out good with dough that was made on Monday.  How did the dough feel?  Was it clammy in those plastic bags?  I would not have thought the dough would have lasted that long to be able to make pizzas. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1826 on: April 18, 2013, 08:23:03 PM »
I used the stuff I had baked with no toppings to make some kind of a toast today for lunch.  The toast-like Buddyís clone bread, sure was good.  It sure doesn't look very crispy, but it had the right amount of crisp for me. 

Norma

Offline Ev

« Reply #1827 on: April 18, 2013, 09:58:43 PM »
Steve,

Your pies sure turned out good with dough that was made on Monday.  How did the dough feel?  Was it clammy in those plastic bags?  I would not have thought the dough would have lasted that long to be able to make pizzas. 

Norma

Clammy? Well I guess you could call it that. :-D  I put the dough in my pans yesterday and it felt full of bubbles. This evening when i stretched it out it felt almost like they did on Tuesday. ???  I proofed them in the oven for about an hour and they came to life real nice and baked up great. Thanks Norma! ;D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1828 on: April 18, 2013, 10:10:56 PM »
Clammy? Well I guess you could call it that. :-D  I put the dough in my pans yesterday and it felt full of bubbles. This evening when i stretched it out it felt almost like they did on Tuesday. ???  I proofed them in the oven for about an hour and they came to life real nice and baked up great. Thanks Norma! ;D

Steve,

Yep, I said clammy, like dough feels like when it is overfermented.  :-D That is weird that the dough felt full of bubbles and then when you stretched it out it felt almost like it did on Tuesday.  I donít think we will ever figured out how different doughs work, even though we do talk about them all the time.  Maybe it is better that some doughs stay a mystery.  The mystery of doughs at least gives us something to think about.

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #1829 on: April 18, 2013, 10:37:22 PM »

How do you get that much color on the bottom??? I want my DS to look like that.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Ev

« Reply #1830 on: April 18, 2013, 10:53:10 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what to tell you Craig. I usually try something different each time I bake these, which isn't all that often. I've had problems before getting the bottom to cook properly. This time, I baked just below the middle of the oven without a stone, and no convection. The bottom came out nice and crispy. That may be the sweet spot in my oven for DS. I don't really like having to put foil on though.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1831 on: April 19, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »
According to this recent thread over at the PMQ Think Tank, the Detroit style pizza is catching on in other places: http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14162&sid=acf16aad27ede6239c26913d841a3f45

Peter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1832 on: April 19, 2013, 04:17:43 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what to tell you Craig. I usually try something different each time I bake these, which isn't all that often. I've had problems before getting the bottom to cook properly. This time, I baked just below the middle of the oven without a stone, and no convection. The bottom came out nice and crispy. That may be the sweet spot in my oven for DS. I don't really like having to put foil on though.
I would think that "clam dough" had something to do with it also maybe. Wish I was skilled enough to know how to interpret it's results...I have an idea, and maybe Craig will say something about this dough that came back to life.

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1833 on: April 19, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »
According to this recent thread over at the PMQ Think Tank, the Detroit style pizza is catching on in other places: http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14162&sid=acf16aad27ede6239c26913d841a3f45

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the link to the recent thread over at the PMQ Think Tanks that other places are offering Detroit style pizza too.

Loui Louisí Authentic Detroit Style Pizza is also opening this coming Monday. 
https://www.facebook.com/LouiLouisAuthenticDetroitStylePizza?fref=ts

Maybe I should post over at the PMQ Think Tank and say I also make Detroit style pizzas at my small market stand.

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1834 on: April 19, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »

Maybe I should post over at the PMQ Think Tank and say I also make Detroit style pizzas at my small market stand.

Norma
With the excellent DS pizza's you craft at the Market....you should post about it every place you get a chance to post about it.  :chef:

Bob

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1835 on: April 19, 2013, 06:51:24 PM »
With the excellent DS pizza's you craft at the Market....you should post about it every place you get a chance to post about it.  :chef:

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for your kind comment, but if it wasn't for the Buddy's thread and Peter I would not have been making Detroit style pizzas.  The credit should go to Pizza Hog and Peter.

Norma

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #1836 on: April 19, 2013, 07:36:04 PM »
Norma,

You have always been kind and gracious in expressing your gratitude for the help I have given to you on the forum. That is enough for me. You are the pilot and you should rightfully take credit for your accomplishments. I look around this forum and see many others who, like you, have made great strides because of the help from others on the forum. And the list of beneficiaries gets longer by the day. That is one of the things that makes this forum such a special place.

Peter

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #1837 on: April 19, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
Bob,

Thanks for your kind comment, but if it wasn't for the Buddy's thread and Peter I would not have been making Detroit style pizzas.  The credit should go to Pizza Hog and Peter.

Norma
Well, it's fun to show off a little once in a while and everyone knows you are the type to always first give credit where credit is do.
We all learn from someone or somewhere....but it is still "your work" and we always enjoy seeing that...thanks Norma!  :chef:

Bob

Edit:sorry bout the post bump Peter
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:39:57 PM by Chicago Bob »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1838 on: April 19, 2013, 08:34:16 PM »
Norma,

You have always been kind and gracious in expressing your gratitude for the help I have given to you on the forum. That is enough for me. You are the pilot and you should rightfully take credit for your accomplishments. I look around this forum and see many others who, like you, have made great strides because of the help from others on the forum. And the list of beneficiaries gets longer by the day. That is one of the things that makes this forum such a special place.

Peter

Peter,

As anyone knows that has been a member on this forum for awhile, it takes a pilot and crew to get anywhere when there are problems.  The pilot sure doesnít know a lot some of the time, at least when it comes to making pizza.  I also see other members who have made great strides here on the forum and help others all the time.  You and the other members that help others are an inspiration to many members here on the forum.

Do you think I should post on that new thread about Detroit style pizzas?  I donít know if you saw, but I did post under the other thread about Re: Detroit style pizza help, and no members responded to that post at PMQ think tank. http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13656&hilit=Detroit+pizza&start=15#p84401  I guess members over there didnít think I knew what I was talking about.  :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1839 on: April 19, 2013, 08:35:53 PM »
Well, it's fun to show off a little once in a while and everyone knows you are the type to always first give credit where credit is do.
We all learn from someone or somewhere....but it is still "your work" and we always enjoy seeing that...thanks Norma!  :chef:

Bob

Edit:sorry bout the post bump Peter

Ahhh Bob, that is sweet too.  Thanks!  :-*

Norma