Well, the roads were sure slippery in some places going over to market today where the snow was drifting from it being so windy. Some stretches of the road were dry and other stretches of the road for a long distance were slippery and had a lot of snow on them. My van did slip a few times. I am not crazy about driving on snow covered roads, even if it is only to market.
There was some good news though today. The processing caps do fit on my larger steel pans, in addition to the smaller steel pans, the Buddyís clone dough was easy to mix and it was warmer at market today while I was working. Last week two stand holders had taken a saw blade and put the thermostat up, by sticking it in a small spot in the locked box. I guess market people didnít see how hot it was back in our area and didnít turn it down since last week and neither did the two stand holders that had turned the thermostat up. Thankfully I wasnít involved in doing that. It was 72 degrees F at market today without me even having to turn my small heater on.
I tried for a final dough temperature of about 90 degrees F with 1% IDY and no salt, and a hydration of 72% today. I did use really warm water, but still am not sure what my final dough temperature was because now my digital thermometer is broken. I had to use my one other thermometer I had at market and really couldnít tell what final dough temperature I had, but it looked to be a little over 90 degrees F. I have no idea what will happen with that.
The Buddyís clone dough mixed easily on speeds 1, 2 and 3 with only the flat beater. The dough really wasnít sticky and I didnít need to do any stretches and folds. The mix in the Hobart is very fast for a Buddyís clone dough using this method. At home my Kitchen Aid mixer does also mix fast with the flat beater, but not as fast and or good as when using the Hobart mixer. Until I divided, scaled, and formed dough balls the dough was starting to get dry. The one picture of the dough right after the picture of one dough ball with the poppy seeds on it, it can be seen on that picture of how fast the dough wanted to get dry. It had some cracks on it until I formed more dough balls. Of course included also in this time frame was when I oiled the steel pans with Canola oil. I donít know if I will have to oil the pans first before I mix the dough or not in the future. The poppy seeds were placed on the one small dough ball to watch how it ferments until tomorrow. One large dough ball was just oiled and put into the pizza prep fridge so I could also see what happens with that one dough ball and maybe compare how these two methods might work. The rest of the dough balls were place into the steel pans and put into the deli case. I would have room for more pans in the deli case if these methods work out. Hopefully tomorrow things will work out okay.