Author Topic: Did you know Subway was building a pizza brand?  (Read 1232 times)

buceriasdon

Re: Did you know Subway was building a pizza brand?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 02:03:25 PM »
Subway's countertop ovens are not even close to being in the same league as:  http://nrn.com/article/wetzel%E2%80%99s-pretzels-founder-develops-pizza-concept
or
http://www.pieology.com/our-story/
http://nrn.com/article/project-pie-launch-aggressive-growth-plan
and not one has a "take and bake" as does Subway. I see very little in common between Subway and the other operations.
Don

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
I see very little in common between Subway and the other operations.
Don
Probably a LOT less in common if you put them side by side. And the other place's price's look real nice too.

From Blaze Pizza...."Wetzel said most 11-inch pizzas will be priced at $6.85, while a plain cheese pizza will be about $5."

"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline La Sera

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 07:05:58 PM »
It'll probably be a successful income stream.

I don't think the quality of food is very important in the large chain fast food industry. As long as you have a brand, loads of salt, a low price and can shovel it out quickly, you're golden.  ;D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 07:20:26 PM »
It'll probably be a successful income stream.

I don't think the quality of food is very important in the large chain fast food industry. As long as you have a brand, loads of salt, a low price and can shovel it out quickly, you're golden.  ;D
Man you got dat rite......oh, and a great big 'ol massive sized cup of soft drink too.  >:D

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »
How fast can a  IMPINGER CONVEYOR cook a pizza?

in a turbochef (a la subway), less than 2 minutes.  broiler elements top and bottom, with a microwaves.  

in an impinger? little caesars has a company-specific oven that can do it in 3-4 minutes.   not only does it vary btu's and temp, but volume of air and multiple conveyors per deck
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 11:35:39 PM »
in a turbochef (a la subway), less than 2 minutes.  broiler elements top and bottom, with a microwaves.  

That is something I did not know. Any other major chain fast food places using this type of master blaster that you know of.....? Thanks.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
That is something I did not know. Any other major chain fast food places using this type of master blaster that you know of.....? Thanks.

Bob,

When I worked part-time at Sheetz they also had those turbo-charged ovens with stones for pizza and other food items.  Those ovens were really cool.  8)  I would have liked to taken a dough ball in and tried it in the turbochef oven, but would have gotten fired.  I think at Disney they also use those ovens.

Norma   
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline peetzabone

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 12:48:43 PM »
Interesting.

There's a 50+ year old  "mom and pop" tavern in Denver called Subway (http://www.northdenvertribune.com/2010/06/subway-celebrating-50-years-as-italian-restaurant/) that serves a pretty nice pizza. It's wonderfully divey like most of North Denver / Highlands used to be. I've always wondered if they were going to get a visit from the mega-corp lawyers about copyright infringement. If Subway ventures into pizza I wonder if this will come to pass. I certainly hope not.. legal fees would be the death of the joint.

buceriasdon

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »
Mama DeLuca's Pizza is a corporate offspring of Subway. It's not named Subway Pizza.

Offline SinoChef

• Not delivery ha ....OMG you.... Digiornoed me
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 07:51:24 AM »
legal fees would be the death of the joint.

Just toss an umlaut on the U, put saurkraut pizza on the menu, Its all good.  :-D