Author Topic: Lurking only goes so far... new member here!  (Read 201 times)

Offline mchilty

Lurking only goes so far... new member here!
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:08 AM »
Hi Folks,
      I've been reading and kneading for a couple months with mixed results, but have inevitably admitted to myself that I am obsessed for the time being! :)  Chicago's my home town, so there's an obvious tilt in styles locally, but I've been tending toward American (PJ's) or NY-style over the past few months.  Truth be told, the 'American style' were really just
 over-proofed NY-style attempts.  My wife is thoughtfully and patiently enjoying my new hobby for the time being, but apparently we can't test results/eat 3 meals, 7 days a week!  Just saying hi for now and hopefully getting on the board so I can search.  Last night, I christened an Old Stone Oven stone with Petezza's Lehmann crust and made the best pizza ever!  That said, it's was about 5x taller /thicker than I'd planned... still tasted great, and I guess you have to start somewhere!

cheers,

mchilty

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
Re: Lurking only goes so far... new member here!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum. That's the way it started for a lot of us... before we started down the slippery slope of pizza obsession.  :-D

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

pizzapan