Author Topic: New Product  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Brett P

• I Love Pizza!
New Product
« on: November 21, 2005, 07:49:07 PM »
Hello folks,
     Let me start by introducing myself as I am relatively new to the forum.  My name is Brett Pecco and I am the co-owner of a new small company called Crispy Dough.  The company is owned by myself and my father.  We are the former owners of a small pizza shop in Pittsburgh called Lil' Rico's.  We recently closed so we could dedicate our time to our new product in which we both believe very strongly.  The product is Crispy Dough.  It is a flour product intended to replace the flour normally used during the dough stretching process.  The product, an invention of my fathers, decreases cook time while giving you a crispier more thoroughly cooked pizza.  It is a product we ourselves used in our own shop for over a year before releasing to the public.  After we began using it we didn't make a pizza without it. 
     I'd like to invite you all to have a look at our website (crispydough.com) and try a free sample bag if it seems to be a product in which you might be interested.  I thank you for your time and welcome any comments.  Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Brett Pecco
Co-owner Crispy Dough
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 07:53:18 PM by Brett P »

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Re: New Product
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 08:28:45 PM »
That's a great way to introduce your product.Frankie G was equally generous with his Pepperoni recently.I'm sure you'll receive welcomed ,informative responses from members of this forum.Best of luck,
                             David
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 10:48:18 AM »
Hi,I was wondering if you can ship a sample to Canada.
Aaron

Offline mg2x

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 12:57:16 PM »
What's in it?  "Flour product" seems a little ominous.

(I know you don't want to give away the recipe, but in general, what kinds of flour?)

--Michael, just curious

Offline Brett P

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 01:46:18 PM »
Hello again,
     I don't know if there's an easier way to respond to comments, this is the easiest way I've figured out so here goes.

-David, thanks for the welcome and wish of luck.  Like I said we are a small new company and need all the help we can get.

-Aaron, I'll look into the shipping thing for you.  I'm thinkin it shouldn't be a problem.  What part of Canada?

-Michael, though we are protected by a pending patent, my lack of knowledge of patent law does make me a bit nervous about disclosing our recipe.  Particularly on the internet.  I will say that our product is all natural.  Will not change the taste of your pies.  And is fairly simple blend.  Give us a try.  Nothing ominous about it.  I promise.

Thanks guys, for your interest and comments,
Brett Pecco

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 03:45:12 PM »
Brett,I am located in Brantford,Ontario.
Please let me know if it is not to cost prohibitive.
Hey maybe I could become a sales person!!
That would make you international.
Aaron

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 04:39:52 PM »
note, it adds up to 5.99 shipping, 1.00 'handling' for the 'free' 2lb bag.

Offline Brett P

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 04:18:15 PM »
Yes there is a shipping charge.  In fact, I believe it's going to be raised a dollar if I'm not mistaken.  And still, we have yet to make a profit from a single sample bag we have sent.  Actually we have taken a loss on every single sample bag we have shipped to date.  Let me reiterate, we are a small company.  We do not have many of the luxuries of a large corporation.  We cannot give product away for free as well as pay to ship it.  If you feel we are being unfair in asking you to pay the shipping on a free sample I apologize but is simply not within our means to pay for both.
Sincerely,
Brett Pecco

Offline Campy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 06:07:16 PM »
I ordered some crispy pizza and used this product for the 1st time last night.  For a little background, my family and I own a sports bar and I have been working on implementing pizza into the menu in my spare time.  The only ovens we have right now are a dual stack Wolf convection oven.  For those of you who have tried using a convection oven for pizza, it is hard to make a good pizza as the ovens heat so evenly the top is done long before the crust.  (particulary the bottom)

Last night I made a total of 10 promo pies for our happy hour crowd and dart shooters and used the Crispy Dough.  I have to admit, for "MY" needs it worked beautifully.  For a comparsion, I will give before and after examples.

Oven Temp:  500 degrees
Dough:  Modified Lehman recipe adjusted for altitude/low humidity: (7200'  20% relative humidity)  22 oz.
Hand tossed 16" Pepperoni with 50/50 grande cheese

Cooking Characteristics:
Before crispy pizza: 10 minute cook time (4 minutes on screen 6 minutes on stone)  results were the top of the pizza was way over done, while the crust was still under cooked.  As an aside 500 degrees is max temp. and I have played around 
with different temps and found 500 works best.

After crispy pizza:  6 minute bake time (3 on screen 3 on stone) Perfect top. perfect crust.  The Crispy Pizza adds a nice dark tone to the crust whch is amazingly enough crispy, while the center remains chewy. 

I would like to state for the record, I have no affliation with this company, and I have to admit when I read the original post I was skeptical, but I decided to give the sampler a try.  And also, this product works in my application, I have not tried in any other form so it may not work for you.  I didn't agree with their orginal "spamming" but the product works as stated for "ME".
Sorry this is a difficult read, as I'm not the most adept person at putting my thoughts on paper, so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.  Next time I get around to making pizza, I will take comparsion pictures for you guys to see.

Mike

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 10:56:21 AM »
Morning Brett,I have a friend in Franklin PEnnsylvania I am going to get him to get a sample bag and bring it to me next time he comes North.Its not because I wont pay shipping,I can just imagine customs finding a bag of white powder,getting shipped to Canada.
Aaron

Offline Brett P

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 08:33:10 PM »
Hey Aaron,  sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.  Things have been a bit busy the past few days.  As far as your friend in Franklin, sounds good.  I even get up that way on occasion, so I'll let you know if that's the case.  Otherwise we'll be waiting to hear from you.  There is contact info at crispydough.com  If you do decide to have some shipped just drop me your zip code so I can figure out postage.  Thanks for your interest.  Take care.

Sincerely,
Brett Pecco

pizzapan