Author Topic: Spiral Mixer  (Read 6514 times)

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: Spiral Mixer
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »
I can get the  smaller Mecnosud spirals from Italy. Price is  around $1250 for the 5L and around $1400 for the 8L. We should be seeing some posts shortly on the 8l . beautiful machines!
John
Do you have pictures of the smallest one? They don't have any on their site.

Offline La Sera

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 07:19:50 PM »
The quality can vary widely between distributors and manufacturers in China. The same model/designs are used by different manufacturers. The agent you use can just forward the product as is or can test the final product. It depends on who you are using.

Most 10 kg dough weight mixers are about US$400 plus shipping. Ocean freight will probably cost you less than freight cost from your port of entry to your door. Very few countries have any duties on kitchen equipment. The shipping costs within China can vary. Again, it all depends on who you're using as an agent.

I have bought extensively from China. I have a trusted agent who negotiates excellent prices and knows all the hidden costs, plus tests the outgoing equipment. They have stopped shipment on faulty equipment they could have easily just shipped. But, that agent is good and understands the value of a good reputation.

I have more quality problems with U.S. made goods than I have with Chinese goods. At least the Chinese companies will send parts and help getting anything fixed. U.S. companies charge exorbitant rates for parts (if they will send them at all) and charge extortion rates for shipping. If you're outside the U.S., you're going to be treated like dirt and there is no warranty support. You're on your own. American companies, as a rule, are clueless about doing business outside the U.S. They consider it a nuisance..

Another problem with American goods is that they can't supply global electrical voltages or connectors and all the hardware is non-metric. You can get metric replacement hardware anywhere in the world, but you're out of luck if you're using American products. You can't even replace a bolt.

Chinese companies can supply a variety of motor voltages and connectors.

The mechanical finish on Chinese goods will not be very good. The corners will not be ground smooth, there will be burrs on metal parts, painted parts are not very well finished. But, you can buy two of any product for less than half the cost of U.S. equipment.

I've never had an electrical problem with any of my Chinese mixers, refrigerators, freezers or ovens. None have ever needed repair. I do attribute that to having done factory visits and having a good Chinese agent, though. Your experience may be different.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »
Mark I will getyou some pictures The 8L i sold Rick  should be up and running this week its identical to that just a bit smaller I also sold a 5L and Maybe Bob could share some pictures  he did put up a short video
John
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:41:07 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com