Author Topic: Under 2min. on my new LBE  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Boatman2

Under 2min. on my new LBE
« on: October 19, 2012, 06:24:35 PM »
This is my 5th. pizza on my LBE. Bake time 1:47. stone was 737... Just wanted to see if I could do it. What would you call this kind of pizza. The dough and the constuction of the LBE is on LBE page 92. I was told to start a new thread so here I am. Everything I got is from this site. Many thanks to all of you!! This time the dough came out of the freezer for 2hr.RT. The dough didn't puff up as much as when fresh and a little weak.( I think that is what you call it.) I had some ????? on page 92. I would appreciate any help or comments.  TY. Bob
P.S. I was trying to stay with the same recipe so I wouldn't get confused, but the next time I may use 25% HG instead of BF, or maybe 100% Caputo oo red bag. By the way the pizza was very good.  :-)

Offline Boatman2

Re: Under 2min. on my new LBE
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »
OPPS !!! Forgot the photo's... here they are.  LOL

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
Dude... seriously, what could you possibly need help with?  That looks freakin awesome.

I suggested you start your own thread because you deserve it.  It is destined for greatness.  
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
Absolutely beautiful. Right up there with the best looking LBE pies I've seen. Right up there with the best looking pies from any oven for that matter. Nice work.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline PetersPizza

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 09:59:16 PM »
NICE pies...Look near perfect to me.

-Peter

Offline Boatman2

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 10:37:53 PM »
WOW !! Thank you. I think I have LBE dial in. All of you made it simple for me. Using all of your hard work and ideas. What I would like to know is a little more about making dough. I really don't want to go crazy with a bunch of different flours. I want to make 4 or 5 balls and freeze them so when company comes over I could pull them and make a decent pizza. I will keep learning from this site. Thank you, again...Bob

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 10:13:48 AM »
WOW !! Thank you. I think I have LBE dial in. All of you made it simple for me. Using all of your hard work and ideas. What I would like to know is a little more about making dough. I really don't want to go crazy with a bunch of different flours. I want to make 4 or 5 balls and freeze them so when company comes over I could pull them and make a decent pizza. I will keep learning from this site. Thank you, again...Bob

It's not just the LBE. You must be doing something right with the dough as well.

Offline enchant

• World-class pizza maker in the making
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 11:40:11 AM »
I have such a fondness for pepperoni slices with the edges charred and a little pool of grease in the center.  Yum.
--pat--

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
I have such a fondness for pepperoni slices with the edges charred and a little pool of grease in the center.  Yum.

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 01:08:21 PM »
Definitely love that char in the pepperoni

Offline Boatman2

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »
Here's what I did... Mixed in KA with spiral hook on low for 2min. rest for 10min then on low for 6min. Balk at RT for 1hr. then balled and into the refrigerator for 3 days. then into freezer, when I want to bake..out of freezer on to the counter at room temp. for 2 1/2 hr. crank LBE at 1/3 for 15min. at 600 degrees I opened the dough and dress the pie, about 5min. the stone was at 737 degrees and I put it on at full power, turned at 45sec. (180 degrees) and then about 3 (1/4 turns) total time was 1min. 47sec. the dough recipe was 75 caputo 00/ 25BF, HD63%, salt 2.5, IDY 0.3 Sorry for so much info. but I like details. :-)   Bob

Offline FacciaPizza

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »
I would call it awesome. Nice work

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 04:02:15 PM »
Sorry for so much info. but I like details. :-)   Bob
So do we Bob and we are all ears on your simply awesome results....Congratulations! That is a job well done right there.... :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 04:06:35 PM »
Absolutely beautiful. Right up there with the best looking LBE pies I've seen. Right up there with the best looking pies from any oven for that matter. Nice work.
What do you make of this Craig...I know this must be a crazy question, but have you ever froze your NP dough? Thanks.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »
Well, Bob, congratulations on the praise for your beautiful work.   :chef: :)

Now the question you should be pondering is, Where do I go from here?

As you noted, some tweaks in the dough recipe might make a small but interesting difference.  If you decide to go with all Caputo 00 for the next dough, I would be interested in seeing whether you shoot for a higher launch temp to mimic a WFO.  Given the conductivity of your hearth stone compared to firebrick, I wouldn't go higher than 800.

You've got a great setup to play with, and we're looking forward to seeing your further work.   :)
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 07:25:34 AM »
Really nice pies, and well executed dough. They look delicious. If you plan on using all Caputo, you might try making a traditional Neapolitan pie with San Marzano tomatoes, crushed, and fresh mozzarella. I can't tell of you used fresh mozz from the pics, but a NP bake has fresh mozz that barely melts with no separation or browning. Your bake time could be lowered slightly to 90 seconds.

I would also suggest the freezer is not needed. But you have quite the setup for a LBE. Congrats.

John

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 07:49:48 AM »
wow, very nice!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 09:06:45 AM »
What do you make of this Craig...I know this must be a crazy question, but have you ever froze your NP dough? Thanks.

No. I never have. I would think you could. I don't know about SD, but I don't see why not with baker's yeast. Perhaps you would need some tweaks to your formula?

Offline z3r01

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »
i want to buy a weber grill and the pizza conversion kit
(http://s14.postimage.org/lpfpl0f9t/z3r01.jpg)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »

Bob,

According to the post at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,15501.msg152600/topicseen.html#msg152600, it is possible to freeze a Neapolitan style dough. I believe that Norma has done that, maybe even when using a natural leavening agent, but, then again, what hasn't she tried? If I knew up front that I was going to freeze a Neapolitan style dough, I would use more yeast to compensate for the fact that freezing the dough kills some of the yeast.

Peter

pizzapan