Author Topic: Pizza Party  (Read 894 times)

Offline DarqMan

Pizza Party
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »
The workflow at my pizza parties is to roll a pizza, bake pizza, roll a pizza, bake a pizza.  When there's a larger group, everyone is eating at different times while others wait for me to roll and bake the next one. 

Here's my question.  Has anyone come up with a method to roll out and top, let's say 8 pizzas and then bake them back to back?  Once the WFO is up to temp it wouldn't take very long to bake 8 pies and everyone could then sit down and eat together. The problem as I see it, would be that the first pies rolled and topped would have to be able to be placed off to the side and then put back on the peel to be placed in the WFO which would be a challenge as the dough would tend to stick to whatever surface it's placed on, especially with the additional weight of the toppings.  I'd appreciate your ideas.

Offline Jet_deck

Re: Pizza Party
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »
  I'd appreciate your ideas.

I could see pre stretching them to 80% size, but I can't see them pre-topped in any way.  You have a great problem in that everybody loves your pizza.  I'd just enjoy that, and let the problem be what it is...  Or pre cook some appetisers and put them in the rotation of food.  Maybe a nice veggy/relish/ cheese tray.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 09:55:04 AM »
Do you feed any of the Gaylords?
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:47:03 PM »
It would help if you had an assistant stretching skins while you tend the oven. Probably cut the time in half.

Offline DarqMan

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 04:58:07 PM »
Do you feed any of the Gaylords?

I do not, but they would certainly be welcome!

On second thought, they might be offended when they don't find one of their newspapers anywhere in my house.  :D

Offline DarqMan

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
I could see pre stretching them to 80% size, but I can't see them pre-topped in any way.  You have a great problem in that everybody loves your pizza.  I'd just enjoy that, and let the problem be what it is...  Or pre cook some appetisers and put them in the rotation of food.  Maybe a nice veggy/relish/ cheese tray.

Thanks jet_deck. I almost always have some type of "munchie" whether it be queso, artichoke dip or even a cheese tray.  I've thought about testing rolling some dough out and then partially pre-freezing it.  That might buy the time I need to top them and get them in the over before dough becomes sticky.  I think you're probably right though, just be grateful folks enjoy my pizza and let the problem be what it is. 

Offline DarqMan

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »
It would help if you had an assistant stretching skins while you tend the oven. Probably cut the time in half.

Thanks. I would need to do some training, but it's a good suggestion.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »
The workflow at my pizza parties is to roll a pizza, bake pizza, roll a pizza, bake a pizza.  When there's a larger group, everyone is eating at different times while others wait for me to roll and bake the next one. 

Here's my question.  Has anyone come up with a method to roll out and top, let's say 8 pizzas and then bake them back to back?  Once the WFO is up to temp it wouldn't take very long to bake 8 pies and everyone could then sit down and eat together. The problem as I see it, would be that the first pies rolled and topped would have to be able to be placed off to the side and then put back on the peel to be placed in the WFO which would be a challenge as the dough would tend to stick to whatever surface it's placed on, especially with the additional weight of the toppings.  I'd appreciate your ideas.

No Problemo! Just in Venice the other day and came across a "trattoria" deli, with this in the window. Hey if they can do it?....................
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles