Author Topic: Problem Solved!  (Read 285 times)

Offline wsonner

• Supporting Member
Problem Solved!
« on: October 22, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »
Problem: I grew up in California with Round Table Pizza but now live in New Hampshire where it doesn't exist.

Solution:  Make my own!  ;D

Hi everyone. For the better part of the last two years I have been trying to duplicate my favorite pizza, Round Table's "King Arthur's Supreme."  Last night I came about as close as I think I can without buying expensive equipment and losing my day job.  I thought I would drop by and say a huge thank you to Peter and the others from the Round Table Pizza threads.  It was your dough recipe that finally got me close and I really appreciate your work.

Here is a photo of my latest creation (left out the salami...by accident to be honest.)

Wes
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:04:38 PM by wsonner »

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Problem Solved!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 04:46:23 PM »
Wes, your pie looks delicious. I live in Calif. and would have eaten more RT pies in years past if their prices we not sooooooooo high.
Glad you are succeeding in your pizza quest.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »
Wes,

You might repost your photo in the Round Table thread and indicate what recipe you specifically used and if you made any changes. I have never had a RT pizza so anything you report might be of help to our RT pizza lovers.

Your pizza does look terrific.

Peter

Offline wsonner

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
Wes, your pie looks delicious. I live in Calif. and would have eaten more RT pies in years past if their prices we not sooooooooo high.
Glad you are succeeding in your pizza quest.

Mark

Mark, you got that right! I was there for a reunion last week and a large KAS and two drinks was over $30!  But so worth it :-).

Offline wsonner

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
Peter, I will definitely do that. I did not change the dough recipe but I do have to make it manually not having a dough sheeter.  It makes the crust come out a little flatter than the real deal but other than that it tastes great.  I also have a decent sauce recipe I'll post there.

Wes