Author Topic: Dare I say it ? .....  (Read 30180 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Dare I say it ? .....
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2009, 10:26:10 AM »
Trin,

I got a big kick out of the instructions on the Tony's pizza:

KEEP FROZEN
NOT READY TO EAT
COOK BEFORE SERVING

I guess those instructions are for some alien being that might visit our planet.

Peter

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2009, 10:45:27 AM »
Thats were it all started for me in College eating Tonys! Cant even fathom the amount of these I consumed, But I don't think I ever read the instructions. I did 425 directly on rack let some else clean up crumbs  :) thought it was GReat!
Now I know a little more, its  Stouffer's French bread  when 1/2 price only!
oh anybody try the frozen  Mystic pizza? or Tree Top? and now the new craze is Wood fired oven crust?Yeah right ! about 8 makes on shelves (only looking here)
or how about NY actually that was very good and very expensive, actual NY style slices frozen in NY  but it came out to like 2 bucks a slice? Not.
John
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:48:28 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2009, 01:37:26 AM »
Trin,

I got a big kick out of the instructions on the Tony's pizza:

KEEP FROZEN
NOT READY TO EAT
COOK BEFORE SERVING

I guess those instructions are for some alien being that might visit our planet.

Peter

HAHAHA!!! Yeah,,, I Noticed that too... I read it and I was like "Well, DUHHH!!!" :-D
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2009, 01:43:23 AM »
Thats were it all started for me in College eating Tonys! Cant even fathom the amount of these I consumed, But I don't think I ever read the instructions. I did 425 directly on rack let some else clean up crumbs  :) thought it was GReat!
Now I know a little more, its  Stouffer's French bread  when 1/2 price only!
oh anybody try the frozen  Mystic pizza? or Tree Top? and now the new craze is Wood fired oven crust?Yeah right ! about 8 makes on shelves (only looking here)
or how about NY actually that was very good and very expensive, actual NY style slices frozen in NY  but it came out to like 2 bucks a slice? Not.
John

They have more types of frozen pizza at my local Kroger's then I can shake a peel at! :-D
 The trouble is, Some can get over 6-7 bucks, And for that much I can get my guy's at bambino's to make one hot and now! :)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2009, 09:51:06 AM »
My latest Tony's. :)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2009, 08:11:19 AM »
Would that be the Supreme Trinity?  ;D
Little stingy on the pepperoni dont ya think?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 04:57:15 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2009, 01:58:47 PM »
Would that be the Supreme Trinity?  ;D

:)

You guessed it! :)

Offline Pedro72

• The truth shall set you free.
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2009, 10:15:40 PM »
I like the little Totino's pies (the cheese ones, anyways), and Freschetta makes a thin crust version that's pretty good. I'll usually throw some black olives and mushrooms on top and call it done. What's that old line? Pizza's a lot like you-know-what........even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. ;D
Chewed to death on the Left by a pack of rabid wolves with silver eyes....or ending up with the Brooks Brothers Right scrabbling in the dirt.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Stouffer's Pizza
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »
Had to try this! :D Some beans for a side. :)

Offline WestCountry

« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2009, 10:41:44 AM »
I really enjoy an occasional Stauffer's French Bread Pizza.  ;D

Here is an old favorite of mine growing up in N.Y., and I wonder if I would still like it after all these years?!

http://www.treetavernpizza.com/home.html

...I have not been able to find it out here in Colorado, I wish I could.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
West Country,
The Tree is Alive and well here in New Jersey, also one of the better ones I have tried. Stouffer"s good when they are 2 for 1. Iam Staying clear of the frozen aisle these days, as I can whip up an emergency dough in only 1 1/2 hrs. that blows these away! Sorry trinity
BUT,
I was in Park City Utah skiing this week where they had a P- Hut in the resort I was in (Westgate)  which I P- Passed on  :) A visitor from salt lake brought some Take and Bake Papa Murphy's up the mountain and I was quite impressed enough to grab a few pictures. I will put up some pics of them later tonight.
At least you get to bake it yourself. 
John

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2009, 07:42:26 AM »
So here is the Papa Murphy's I did in Utah . Directions say leave out for at least 30 min before baking. Dough is very wet Not sure how its I did not see it  made But I know it would be hard to handle if it was not on the baking tray. It is cooked at 425 and it DOES brown up without removing from tray. But like me and all reading here I had to tinker with it in the oven. It also says bake 1 at a time ? I managed 3 They make a thin crust a deep dish and traditional as well. The first is a meat lover ham, pep, sausage other is a thin special
Nice sauce, very tasty cheese, and toppings too! For the price $9.99 large and the taste I reccomend this pizza over frozen any day
John
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:50:55 AM by JConk007 »

Offline WestCountry

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2009, 09:59:33 AM »
Yea John...your Pies look good above. I used to get the Papa Murphy's out here in Colorado once in a while. I liked their thin crust version, and I usually end up taking off some of the cheese and toppings before I cook them because they pile it on pretty heavily (but I know a lot of people like that)!

I miss Tree Tavern - wish it was local. I may have to mail order a few for nostalgia's sake one of these days.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2009, 02:46:15 PM »
How do they ship em? I used to get omaha steaks once in a while I could have used that set up and shipped you a a half dozen. And Yes did remove some od the toppings too much! and yes I like the thin crust better.
JOhn

Offline WestCountry

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2009, 09:09:08 PM »
John-
I don't even know if they ship those (?)
...I would have to research that a bit, and would not want you to go through that trouble. I appreciate that offer.  Let me PM you...got another question for you!

Chris

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Mama Rosa's Pizza
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2009, 07:13:00 AM »
This is Mama Rosa's Pizza. A life long regional favorite!!! :)

Anyone here ever tried? :D

Offline Ronzo

• Beer, freedom n' pizza...
    • New Texian Brewery
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2009, 09:29:07 AM »
Yo Trin! We have them here. I've tried the big pies like that and the little singles too. I don't like either. The sauce is to bland for me.

I'll take Totinos over Mama Rosa any day. ;)
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com/ - http://pinterest.com/NewTexianBrew

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2009, 09:42:59 AM »
Yo Trin! We have them here. I've tried the big pies like that and the little singles too. I don't like either. The sauce is to bland for me.

I'll take Totinos over Mama Rosa any day. ;)

Shame you don't like like it. :-\

http://www.mama-rosas.com/aboutus.html

I grew up on it,,, Totinos too.:) I think Trin posted one of those in this thread too. :pizza:

Offline kkmarie

« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2009, 01:20:25 PM »
I haven't had a Mama Rosa's pizza in years. I used to like the square deluxe pizzas. I am not sure if they even make them anymore. I know I never see them around here anyway.

Nice pics! Thanks for bringing back the memories  :)

Kristen

Offline mailekaia

« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2009, 07:32:34 PM »
Only frozen pizza that i will eat is "American Flat Bread" from VT. It's about $ 8 a pie but well worth it! Peace

pizzapan