Author Topic: Dare I say it ? .....  (Read 28780 times)

Offline musicboy

Re: Dare I say it ? .....
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2009, 08:27:05 AM »
My wife can no longer tolerate any pizza save for my own.  Its actually quite touching!

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2009, 09:53:06 AM »
My wife can no longer tolerate any pizza save for my own.  Its actually quite touching!
Almost in the same place myself. We still have a "couple" places we like to go for good pies but for the most part it's more fun to have a few drinks and make them at home. When done I only have to drive to the couch or recliner. Same with other stuff, rather get the grill or smoker going for a good feed than go to a restaurant. Food's better and cheaper, same with the liquor and like I said, short drive to the couch and no DUI ;-)
Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Vinnie

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
I have a great Idea make your pizza dough ahead of time and freeze it I do this all the time I make a day of just dough creation then I freeze it and use it when I need it......tastes much better than ....er um...frozen  :chef:

Offline MrH

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I found it very interesting, you have some really nice looking frozen pizza brands, I wish we had some of them in England.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2010, 08:10:35 AM »
Thanks mate! :)

By the way, I would love to see what kind of frozen pizzas are available there. :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:23:49 AM by Trinity »
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2010, 11:22:09 AM »
Totinos for me except I always add extra mozzarella. I love the oily crunchy thin soft crust.

Online scott123

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2010, 11:52:11 AM »
I just had a box of Ellios in my hand today. I read the sodium content and immediately put it back in the case.  You know if I'm actually picking up a box of frozen pizza, I'm jonesing reeeeeeeally bad. I promised myself about a month and a half ago that I wouldn't make pizza again until my BBQ was set up.  I did move a little bit forward today by measuring my grill area.  18.5" x 28".  Woo hoo!  I am going to be making 18" pizzas this summer! 

All that's left is a trip to my soapstone supplier and I should be good to go. Please let them have a remnant in the 18.5" x 24" realm.

Offline Ev

« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2010, 04:56:57 PM »
I used to like Ellios when I was a kid. Then one day I found a rat leg or something in the crust! I didn't eat Ellios again for a long long time. The next time I did, they had changed the recipe for the worse so I never went back.
 About 40 years ago there was a frozen pizza called "Tree Tavern" that wasn't half bad.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »
I used to like Ellios when I was a kid. Then one day I found a rat leg or something in the crust! I didn't eat Ellios again for a long long time. The next time I did, they had changed the recipe for the worse so I never went back.
 About 40 years ago there was a frozen pizza called "Tree Tavern" that wasn't half bad.

That's the kind of stuffed crust I wouldn't like.   That reminds me of a story about someone biting in to a breaded mouse from KFC.   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:44:36 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline Guts

« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2010, 08:59:55 AM »
That's the kind of stuffed crust I wouldn't like.   That reminds me of a story about someone biting in to a breaded mouse from KFC.   

Hey I'm not kidding here, A friend of mine cooked a rat back in the sixty's  when the KFC cooked there chicken in pressure cookers and the chicken came in boxes (before cooking) he found a rat in one of the boxes and put it in one of the pressure cookers with out any chicken in the pot. It stunk up the store so bad they had to close it, at prime dinner time. when asked what happened he just played dumb. They didn't reopen till the next day because of the smell. true story I was there when he did it.
BTW it was breaded like a chicken piece of chicken.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:01:50 AM by Guts »
Guts/AKA/Kim
"Vegetarian - old Indian word for bad fisherman"

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2010, 05:17:57 AM »
the last few posts... ??? ::)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2010, 05:56:14 PM »
Rat leg in the crust = stuffed crust.  Suppose to be funny. It's a joke. Get it?

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2010, 05:12:18 PM »
There is an interesting article on how the frozen pizza market is doing, at http://www.bakingbusiness.com/News/News%20Home/Features/2010/6/Pizza%20positioning.aspx?NewsLetter=true. It is always interesting to see who owns all of the major brands of frozen pizzas that we see in the supermarkets. Frozen pizza is a BIG business.

Peter

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Kroger three minute pizza
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »
Done right... 20 minutes at 355F. And a can of mushrooms. 'serving suggestion'... :-D :chef:

Offline carolyny476

« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »
I was about to whip about the KA [Kitchen Aid ] about 10 mins ago, when my wife informs me that
there's a DELISSIO brand pizza in the deep freezer.  Damn I thought, this is great   ;D, I don't have to
pull out the KA, make some dough and only be eating by 8:30 pm ( hardly time to get the dough risen ) ...

wow, ok, so I'm being honest, I at times will have frozen pizza....

what about you guys ?  :P

be honest now.

Oh and yeah, the homebrew is good !  ;D

Mark

Thanks you for the post.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2010, 04:00:39 AM »
ever try making your own pizza for a dollar?  from bowl to oven?  i think this needs to be a pizza challenge for sept
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2014, 07:26:30 AM »

pizzapan