Author Topic: In dash DVD recomendation  (Read 488 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
In dash DVD recomendation
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »
Would like to get a nice one that reliably does what it's advertised to do. Needs to be Android friendly(GPS). I have aux. Alpine amps to add . Anyone here have a good one? Thanks.
p.s. what is the largest screens currently out there?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:22:27 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
Re: In dash DVD recomendation
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 05:00:57 AM »
Bob I have a Pioneer unit in my Z and I love it. It doesn't have built in Navigation but they make a unit that does for a bit more. The ability to bluetooth internet radio stations without having to actually have a cable is awesome. It automatically connects when you turn the car on so you can put your phone back in your pocket once you get the radio going. No forgetting your phone in the car anymore. Automatically pauses an iPhone when you cut the car off, and I bet it would do the same with an Android phone.

The bluetooth is also really nice for phone calls. Automatically redirects calls through the radio and you can operate the phone from the screen which is a lot safer if you ask me. It has a little wired microphone that you route somewhere in the car. I put mine run along the A pillar right beside the sun-visor. No wires at all showing. Hands-free talking has spoiled me to say the least. It was the best Christmas present I've got in a long time. I'll get a picture of it and post it up next time I head out in my car. The unit looks like it is factory almost since you can adjust the lighting of the button to any color in the spectrum. Mine matches the factory reddish-orange perfectly.

I think it has two outputs too for amps, although I haven't had external amps since I had the 10" subs in the back during high school.

Here's the product page - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P2400BT
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:03:17 AM by rcbaughn »
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:17:23 AM »
Where you gonna fit that on your motorcycle, Bob?  ;D
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »
Thanks Cory, got my eye on that ones big brother on craig's list. Said list was $699 but they want $250. They haven't replied to my offer!  :-D

Brian, somedays I need my hairdoo to not get mussed op.... 8) It does have a Jaguar V-8 engine in it though....that counts for summ'in,no?  ;D

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 09:59:14 PM »
Nice Lincoln, Bob.  I counter with my Milly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Millenia

A steal at $3000.  8)  Rides like a dream, blows those silly Beemers away, makes the kids go "Whoa!"

I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
Saaaweeet!  Looks like Bat Boy digs it too... 8)

pizzapan