Author Topic: oh no he didn't!  (Read 1899 times)

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
oh no he didn't!
« on: November 26, 2005, 11:03:12 PM »
Made a pizza tonight...looked for the pepperoni..none left..mushrooms? zilch....go to pull out the small block of parmesan...some mold taking hold  :'( ...ok, this is looking kinda boring but.....just dough, my sauce and lots of Grande..mmmm but wait!...I wonder what it would taste like if I sprinkled the can parmesan on top the Grande before I cooked it instead of shaking it on after...It came out great! Anyone else add canned Parmesan sprinkled on top BEFORE you cook the pizza? oh and the sauce? I used half a can of Stan Full Red and mixed in 2 cans of boiled down tomato only San Marzano D.O.P., garlic, oregano, salt pepper, lil sugar and it is really really really good. :)

Offline chiguy

Re: oh no he didn't!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 11:59:41 PM »
 Hi scampi,
 If i am making just a cheese pizza, I put on sauce,Mozzarella,a sprinkle of parmesan or pecorino cheese, a good drizzle of ExVir Olive Oil and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. It gives it a little BAM!! I do all this before it goes into the oven.          Chiguy

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 11:42:22 AM »
Hi chiguy, I'll try the Italian seasoning and olive oil next time. Good idea!

Offline ctimmer

• Just let me have one more pizza and then I'll quit
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 04:29:59 PM »
Many years ago when I was doin time at the Pizza Hut, we had a mixture of parmesan/oregano that we sprinkled on every pie before cooking. The oregano gave the pizza a really nice kick. Don't know why they stopped doing this ($).

Curt