Author Topic: dough  (Read 3061 times)

Offline zza newb

Re: dough
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 11:53:56 AM »
OK I guess it only lets you do one at a time. Soooo lets try this again.  :)

buceriasdon

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »
The program will optimize it to fit, but whatever, you're making it harder on yourself by over thinking. Just try the program first...........
Sheesh

Again, how do you know when the picture is small enough? This reduces to pixels not kb. :-[

Offline zza newb

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 05:58:20 PM »
moveing along  :D

Offline zza newb

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 06:00:02 PM »
two more then off to the oven

Offline zza newb

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »
It came out pretty good but the crust was a little tough. :-\ not too bad though. I did get some of that bisquick flavor I was looking for but I'd like to get it a little stronger. Thanks Tom, just a bit more tweeking and I should be where I want to be. :chef:

Offline zza newb

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 06:41:42 PM »
I need to work some more on the sauce and toppings. I really was not to worried about it as this was more of an experiment of the dough\crust. I cheated and used sauce from a jar and I need to drain my mushrooms and olives better. I know that a real sauce is just crushed tomato's and seasoned to taste.
All in all I'm going to call this a success. I need a little more practice and also need some more help from Tom to put the finishing touch on the dough. :) :pizza: :chef:

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 09:38:31 AM »
Why Norma, you're just a youngster!
I've got ya beat by 3-years.
That don't make us "old" by any stretch of the imagination though, it just, on our resumes we can put "has vast experience".
It must be something about pizza that keeps us so young!
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 10:16:58 AM »
Why Norma, you're just a youngster!
I've got ya beat by 3-years.
That don't make us "old" by any stretch of the imagination though, it just, on our resumes we can put "has vast experience".
It must be something about pizza that keeps us so young!
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Tom,

Lol, I am glad to think I might be a youngster.  :-D By your pictures you sure don’t look older than I do.  You are the one that has the “vast” experience on anything to do with dough.  I am a relatively youngster in that regard, because I had only been trying to learn about pizza dough for a little over 3 ½ years. 

I do agree with what you posted about pizza keeping us young.  ;D

Thanks for all the help you have given me!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline zza newb

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
Ok after eating this pie there are a couple of things I would like to change.
1 I would like the crust not to rise or maybe a better way to say it is not as think. Can this be done by using less yeast or is there more to it?

2 As I said it is a little tougher then I would have liked. I have read that is from fussing with it to much.
Really all I did was mix it till it all came to a ball.

I let it rise once then knocked it down, then put it in the fridge. While in the fridge it raised 2 times that I knocked it down. When I took it out of the fridge it sat for a good 3 hours. At that point I knocked it down and put in the pan and stamped it out into a pie.

Should I have done someting different or do I need to go back to the drawing board and come up with a different recipe.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 01:50:42 PM »
Thats the program I have been trying to use and it's driving my crazy. After I select the picture the kilo box is gone and asks for percent of shrinkage.  

After you select the picture you hit "continue",it will take you to a new page and the kilo box is down at the bottom on the right...enter 128.

http://www.picresize.com/results
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline zza newb

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »
Thanks Bob, I believe I have it figured out now.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 04:57:26 PM »
Thanks Bob, I believe I have it figured out now.
Sounds good. The other one that was recommended, I find, if you have a pic that is just a little above 128kb it won't bring it down any further for you. That's why I like/reccomend the one I use. You don't need to tell it a particular dimension..ya just type in 128 and it always works good for me. Remember now, I am the forums resident worse computer illiterate.... so your milage may vary..;)

Offline BBH

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
With that formulation the crust should not be tough at all.

I noticed you add 15% semolina, make sure that's a percentage of flour, it's not an extra ingredient.  The way you have it listed it's an extra, if so that needs to be fixed

After mixing, weigh, round and put it in the fridge right away, don't let it sit and no need for a punch down, goes into the fridge instead  Give it 24 hours, even better at 48.  Leave it alone in the fridge.

Take it out, let it warm and don't handle it, let it warm up for 30 minutes, apply crisco in the pan and gently press into the pan, let rise 45 minutes.  Top it and and bake

Cook at 450, your bottom is pretty dark so not sure what temp you are using, low and slow works best for this style pizza.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »
With that formulation the crust should not be tough at all.

I noticed you add 15% semolina, make sure that's a percentage of flour, it's not an extra ingredient.  The way you have it listed it's an extra, if so that needs to be fixed

After mixing, weigh, round and put it in the fridge right away, don't let it sit and no need for a punch down, goes into the fridge instead  Give it 24 hours, even better at 48.  Leave it alone in the fridge.

Take it out, let it warm and don't handle it, let it warm up for 30 minutes, apply crisco in the pan and gently press into the pan, let rise 45 minutes.  Top it and and bake

Cook at 450, your bottom is pretty dark so not sure what temp you are using, low and slow works best for this style pizza.
Nice post BBH.....45 min. rise in the pan....I've never tried that .

Offline zza newb

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 01:09:01 PM »
Thanks BBH thats some good information. I do think I alloted the semolina weight in the flower percentage but perhaps I miss calculated. I will go back and review my measurements.

This formulation was based on one of the Malnati recipes. Thats why I was surprised that the sides got so think after baking.

So your saying as the dough rises don't knock it down...never? I will try this next time but I do have to wonder about letting it rise in the pan after pressing it out. It seems that the dough is a bit elastic and wants to pull back in on itself. I was wondering if it won't pull down from the sides of the pan. If it does is OK to pinch it back up the sides?

Offline zza newb

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 01:11:26 PM »
Oh I forgot, I started the bake at 500 degrees for the first 20 minutes then backed it down to 450 for the last 10 minutes. Next time I will do a straight 450 for the whole bake. :-[

pizzapan