Author Topic: How much dough for 12 in. pan?  (Read 4439 times)

Online TXCraig1

Re: How much dough for 12 in. pan?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »
I was playing around with Ryan's spreadsheet, and I saved it here if anyone wants to look at it in action: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuvMQbzk5INUdFo4OTNraXlIZk5tSU9lQm1nREFhVmc

I cleaned it up a little, and it seems to work OK. One improvement that would be nice would be to make it calculate the rim thickness from the dough variables and TF rather than just a user estimate.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline loowaters

• Where's my knife and fork?
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »
For a Malnati style pizza, the dough weights aren't that complex.  K.I.S.S.

9" = 12 oz.
12" = 19-20 oz.
14" = 25-26 oz.

Remember, these guy don't have a dough ball that fits just the bottom then in comes a rope of dough to run the inside perimeter of the pan.  They have different people doing the weighing even within a store then it will vary from employee to employee on how much they pull up the sides and how tightly it's pinched on the side.  Too many variables to be concerned about a gram here or there on the final dough weight.

Loo
Using pizza to expand my waistline since 1969!

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 07:42:19 PM »
For a Malnati style pizza, the dough weights aren't that complex.  K.I.S.S.

9" = 12 oz.
12" = 19-20 oz.
14" = 25-26 oz.

Remember, these guy don't have a dough ball that fits just the bottom then in comes a rope of dough to run the inside perimeter of the pan.  They have different people doing the weighing even within a store then it will vary from employee to employee on how much they pull up the sides and how tightly it's pinched on the side.  Too many variables to be concerned about a gram here or there on the final dough weight.

Loo
Nice post Loo.
As always, great to see you here.... 8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"