Author Topic: Everyone stay safe with Sandy on her way!  (Read 4898 times)

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Re: Everyone stay safe with Sandy on her way!
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »
Only theory I subscribe to is "Sh-t Happens".  Best be prepared.  Maybe not to the point of digging a bunker and stocking it for the coming zombie apocalypse, but bad weather, sure.  I don't care where it came from, or whose fault it is.  If it's coming at me, I'm gonna deal with it.

I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
Hey guys, Im alive and safe. Scott, thanks for your concern. I just got my power late last night after 4 days. It was cold, dark and a pain in the @ss. However, it is nothing compared to what I saw right in my own backyard here in Toms River and Seaside Heights along with firsthand accounts from friends on Long Beach Island. The pictures you see on the news are NOTHING compared to seeing it in person. I am very fortunate to only be without power for 4 days when family and friends that have lost everything. Its going to be a long, slow process to get back where we were here on the Jersey Shore, but we will eventually get there. Material things can be replaced and we will always have the memories of the shore and boardwalk in the summer. As long as you made it thru this disaster with your life, you're very fortunate and should count your blessings...which is what I have been doing. Thanks again guys and now I need to start making dough/pizza!
Chaz

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
Chaze,

I am glad you are alive and safe!  :)  I feel bad for all the things that happened to so many people.   

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »
Thanks Norma! Below is a link of some before and after pics of some towns within a few miles from me. Unreal.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/before_and_after_sandy_photos.html#incart_maj-story-1
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:28:54 PM by Chaze215 »
Chaz

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:42 PM »
Thanks Norma! Below is a link of some before and after pics of some towns within a few miles from me. Unreal.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/before_and_after_sandy_photos.html#incart_maj-story-1

Chaze,

Those photos when you mouse over them to see what they look like before and after Sandy are really devastating.  I feel so bad for all the people that are uprooted now and are having to go though all that stress. 

I donít know how some of the people will be able to handle the colder weather we are now having.  It sure is all unreal.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2012, 10:00:39 AM »
Chaze:

Glad to hear you're alright. I agree with Norma. Those before/after photos really put things into perspective for me. While our town on the CT coast still has around 25% of people without power (we're among them), it's a very minor inconvenience compared to what happened in your area.

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline PowerWagonPete

• The name says it all.
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »
I realize some of you guys might think I'm being an a-hole about this, but take a look at before and after pics of Biloxi, Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina or the entire eastern coast of the Japanese mainland after last year's big earthquake and tsunami if you want some true perspective.

As far as I'm concerned, Jersey and NYC got away with one this time around.  If anyone wants to see what real 200 MPH Atlantic Ocean "superstorms" look like, click on the following links...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gilbert

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Wilma   ;D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »
I realize some of you guys might think I'm being an a-hole about this, but take a look at before and after pics of Biloxi, Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina or the entire eastern coast of the Japanese mainland after last year's big earthquake and tsunami if you want some true perspective.

As far as I'm concerned, Jersey and NYC got away with one this time around.  If anyone wants to see what real 200 MPH Atlantic Ocean "superstorms" look like, click on the following links...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gilbert

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Wilma   ;D
C'mon Pete....loss is loss. Some folks on here have experienced it first hand now in this type of a situation. Minimizing it by showing larger catastrophic events doesn't make their current loss go away. Know what I mean bruddah?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »
C'mon Pete....loss is loss. Some folks on here have experienced it first hand now in this type of a situation. Minimizing it by showing larger catastrophic events doesn't make their current loss go away. Know what I mean bruddah?
Well said Bob because had you not said it the way you did,  I might have said something a little more harsh and to the point  ;D I didnt know this became a pissing contest. But hey, to each his own I guess.
Chaz

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »
Well said Bob because had you not said it the way you did,  I might have said something a little more harsh and to the point  ;D I didnt know this became a pissing contest. But hey, to each his own I guess.
OK Chaze, thanks. This ain't no contest though so please let's just let this go...Pete's a good guy. Thanks again.. ;)
Bob

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
No problem Bob. I have let it go, not a big deal.
Chaz

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »
Thank you Chaze. Any pizza plans for the weekend we are into....?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2012, 07:44:30 PM »
I can't post pics because  I have no computer ! still NO power  when I get a chance you will see  the devastation at the jersey shore.  total chaos! Disaster ! same effect as Katrina just a little smaller footprint
Entire towns washed away boats thrown around and piled up like matchsticks. By me trees all over many direct hits on  houses and many many near misses. It's terrible thank god I have a pizza oven that's been going for 4 days  and putting out some nice pies ! I ran out on Noe dough and had 4 laser do dough balls from the freezer that I could not let go. What a nice change they were great ! 650 floor 3 1/2 min bake magic!
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2012, 07:59:21 PM »
I can't post pics because  I have no computer ! still NO power  when I get a chance you will see  the devastation at the jersey shore.  total chaos! Disaster ! same effect as Katrina just a little smaller footprint
Entire towns washed away boats thrown around and piled up like matchsticks. By me trees all over many direct hits on  houses and many many near misses. It's terrible thank god I have a pizza oven that's been going for 4 days  and putting out some nice pies ! I ran out on Noe dough and had 4 laser do dough balls from the freezer that I could not let go. What a nice change they were great ! 650 floor 3 1/2 min bake magic!

Glad to hear you're safe John. Like I said in a previous message, pictures and videos can not convey the total destruction here. It is unbelievable.
Chaz

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
I am borrowing a connection and seeing some crazy pictures of the shore very very serious and sad ! :'(

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2012, 08:25:17 PM »
Sad indeed.  :( I vacationed on those shores for 3 summers. From Cape May to Sandy Hook and some in between. I can imagine how's Sandy Hook, if it's still there.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2012, 08:27:17 PM »
Here in NC during the 22 yrs. I've enjoyed living in this State I have lucked out through several bad ones... I'm far enough inland that the worst I have had to live through is 90+ m.p.h. wind sustained over the course of a nail biting overnight. Come morning....with just trees, power lines, and stop lights downed...the city was like something from a Steven King novel . Chaos baby.....folks fight'in over kerosene and....ice man! I was fortunate to have my backups but boy, this type of thing can get down right scary...I've seen it and I wish everyone well in this recent dilemma.
If anyone of us out there are seriously hurt'in ....PM me and I will help if I can.....sincerely. I'm not far away.

Bob

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2012, 08:29:05 PM »
Check out this video of a small portion of the destruction on the Seaside boardwalk that a friend of mine got. Certainly looks like NJ got away with one here eh? I hope the video/link work.
https://www.facebook.com/v/4739237928208
Chaz

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2012, 08:36:13 PM »
Yep that's one of the ones I saw Man  good thing they got off easy.

Phar Lap

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »
Posted by: PowerWagonPete
I realize some of you guys might think I'm being an a-hole about this,

YUP...at least you saved me from having to point out your obvious As*holishness!

And, after anxiously spending the last five days trying to figure out where my elderly parents will live while their island is uninhabitable for the foreseeable future as a result of Sandy's devastation, let me tell you little Petee from the bottom of my heart: Falk-You!!! 

pizzapan