Author Topic: Everyone stay safe with Sandy on her way!  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Everyone stay safe with Sandy on her way!
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2012, 09:05:51 PM »
YUP...at least you saved me from having to point out your obvious As*holishness!

And, after anxiously spending the last five days trying to figure out where my elderly parents will live while their island is uninhabitable for the foreseeable future as a result of Sandy's devastation, let me tell you little Petee from the bottom of my heart: Falk-You!!! 
I've never flagged a post to the moderators or whatever you want to call it.....I spent my own time to try and get us beyond Pete"s post that he maybe made while having one too many beverages...if you want to have this important thread locked down my friend.....you are are on an unhealing road to that success....let's jus try to chill folks...times are hard enough...
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »
Phar: Dont let some people's ignorance and lack of empathy get to you. I hope you and your parents get back to some sort of a normal life in the near future.
Chaz

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
sigh....can't say I didn't try...
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »
I drove a truck full of relief supplies from our church to Florida after Hurricane Andrew came through. I was totally overwhelmed when I witnessed the destruction and misery that people were going through.

Believe me, what you see on video and pictures doesn't even come close to conveying what you feel when you are there. Not even close! I was overcome with emotions, and I got to go home when I was done. Most of the people that I met while I was there had no home anymore. What I witnessed and experienced will be with me forever and totally changed my perspective on life.

PWP, regardless how bad the storm was, there are people who are suffering in a major way, and they deserve our prayers, help, or at the very least some respect.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »
+1 Well said. I was lucky enough with Hugo in 1989 and Georges in 1998 (or 99). Both times I was living in Florida while the storms passed over Puerto Rico. I know how bad my folks had it. Luckily there were lessons learned which has help us be ready before hurricane season starts.

Offline PowerWagonPete

• The name says it all.
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »
No beverages, guys, but I did run out of propane for my smokey grill.   >:(

Hey, my best wishes to all those negatively affected.  I'm just glad this storm wasn't worse which it very well could've been.   ;D

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »
  I'm just glad this storm wasn't worse which it very well could've been.   ;D

Was this meant to be funny?
Chaz

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »
Was this meant to be funny?

Personally, I'm grateful it wasn't worse as well.  A huge tree missed hitting my house by about 4 feet.  Right where we were taking shelter.  So I'm glad to be alive.  But my heart goes out to all those the storm has impacted, in whatever level or fashion.  So many of my neighbors lost everything in hurricane Isabel, news of rising water still fills me with dread.  But we're just a small community near the water- once you got away from the immediate area, it was like nothing happened.  I can't imagine what a huge hard-hit area looks like in person.  :'(
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2012, 06:46:09 PM »
Pete:

I joined in this thread as a way to be supportive of others and let people know I'm OK. I've kept silent until now, but have been doing a slow burn. I'm reminded of an old saying (Will Rogers?)... "When you're in a hole, stop digging." You might want to think about taking that advice.

Barry
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:07:46 PM by bfguilford »
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline PowerWagonPete

• The name says it all.
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »
I've been digging holes professionally for the last thirty years.   ;)

When you're finished rebuilding, don't plant Pin Oaks around your house...

http://www.ldnews.com/alerts/ci_21887789/sandy-leaves-downs-trees-knocks-out-power-lebanon   ;D

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2012, 08:47:06 AM »
Time to lock down this topic.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.