Author Topic: Pizza I.D.  (Read 599 times)

Offline Pizzaboyo

Pizza I.D.
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »
Help an Irishman please, "what style" would my pizza be classed as??? I make them at home in a fan oven at 240c ish and never measure any part of it  :-[ so I want to get a formula down on paper from the calculator for this style.  :chef:
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pizza I.D.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum. You are making American style pizza, as far as bake time, thickness, and toppings go. I don't know what you have for ingredients in your recipe, but American style pizza usually has small amounts of sugar and oil in the dough.

Or maybe this is Irish style pizza - from which all American style pizza has sprung!

John

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 06:21:35 PM »
Or maybe this is Irish style pizza - from which all American style pizza has sprung!

I think any pizza served with Guinness is Irish style.  :-D
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Pizzaboyo

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:44:02 PM »
That Guinness is essential  :o as I've said dellavecchia I don't measure, its a bit of flour 2 cups approx, about 1tsp sugar, 1tsp yeast approx and enough warm water to make a smooth elastic dough, sometimes add a pinch of salt/sometimes don't and a dribble of oil. I turn on my microwave for 3 min (that's my warm draft free place) to leave my dough for 34 hrs or so. Maybe I should cut out the Guinness and use the calculator eh?
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth.

pizzapan