Author Topic: frozen dough for brunch  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Boatman2

frozen dough for brunch
« on: November 01, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
Dough out of the freezer last night into the fridge overnight then at RT for 3hrs. baked at 680 for 2min. I took ricotta cheese and mix with minced garlic and melded butter spread on pizza and then top with Feda cheeze and VOO. never tryed this, but it was good.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
Re: frozen dough for brunch
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 08:26:15 AM »
That's a great looking pie and a testament to the wonder of dough. I wish someone would freeze me and wake me up in about 4 years for a nice brunch!
How long had that dough been frozen? And what's the longest cryogenic nap you've ever "re-animated" a dough ball from?And finally, do you store your dough in some sort of airtight device? I've noticed freezer burn in the past.

Haven't been using any frozen balls since getting on to this forum but as things stand now, if there's any extra dough when bellies are full I end up just cooking extra pies and sending them whole/incut to the neighbors houses.

Great looking pie --- one my wife would love. I will try it. Butter too? Yes please.
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline Boatman2

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »
Serpentelli, I just saw your post. That dough was in the freezer for 7 days. I put them in a cheap Glad container with a little VOO. I have found that if I S/F and reball after the freezer and fridge and put at R/T for3hr. I get very good Results

Offline ringkingpin

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:21 PM »
That's a great looking pie and a testament to the wonder of dough. I wish someone would freeze me and wake me up in about 4 years for a nice brunch!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are."
 Brillat-Savarin